Originally Posted by Bittentobuggery
Rather than sneering from behind keyboards, it would be more constructive for people to offer their experience, assistance, training or cash in a positive way to make the Steve Irwin a more potent force against this heartless trade.
Originally Posted by willk
....and it's to our collective shame (IMVHO) that they're the only people doing anything much about an activity that VERY few of us approve of...
So, a Ribnet campaign it is then. We may have to put a slight spin on it to encourage les autres.
1. As the whaling is apparently legal (very law-abiding on here
), and whaling is virtually fishing (very popular on here
), we'll "adopt a whale" each as pets. Cruelty to Pets is Verboten
in the UK so this should drum up more volunteers/supporters
2. Start a rumour/rumor (codders
) adding weight to the notion that the Japanese really ARE behind Ribeye. That's gonna get Team Viper on board.
3. Training seems to be a sore point. A Ribnet Sabs Virtual Training School could be started (new section pls Mr K.). This would keep the Safety Squad busy while the rest of us Just Get On With IT.
4. In Time of Crisis in far flung corners of the globe it is customary on here to seek the assistance of Mr. Tilley. Perhaps he could run us up a decoy whale? To be towed by swarms of SR4s!
5. Actually, that last has just given me a scary image: A vast Armada of Sea Riders, drivers adorned in either "Traditional Woad" or "Storm Trooper" PhaceSaves racing over the Southern Ocean after a rapidly retreating Japanese fleet.... oh dear, I have to stop now