Old 06 June 2005, 21:32   #41

Town: Poole
Length: 6m +
We had an enjoyable and productive show. On the one hand it was nice to catch up various friends, customers and potential customers whilst on the other it was good to meet some more of the other suppliers exhibiting.

I think the event does its job well. It has lots of craft afloat and some shore stands, any event serving a niche sector of the boating community can never be on a par (in terms of number of stands) with the events that serve a far broader market - and i think it is therefore unrealistic to expect it to be so.

Ultimately the judge for us has to be does the event justify the time & money invested in it. The answer is a firm yes - and it was fun too. I hope that the event continues to be supported and thus evolves & grows as ultimately the boating event calendar would be a poorer spectacle were it not to be part of it.

Paul

www.powerboat-training-uk.co.uk, www.aquasafepowerboatschool.co.uk
Paul Glatzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 June 2005, 21:35   #42

Town: Ongar, Essex
Make: Avon 620
Length: 6.2
Engine: mercury 135 Optimax
Went to the show this year for the first time.
If I had been looking for a new rib would have been a great place to see a wide choice of boats actually on the water and to try out
So well done for that.

Met louise at last great help she has been so nice to say hello

Pascoe ribs fantastic but haven't got £178,000 spare just yet!

I think the show just needed more stands on the hard selling useful chandlery

So more stalls please next year
Old 06 June 2005, 22:02   #43

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
thats why I think it should be on the mainland. It would be simple to get to then......
Yes, but it wouldn't be half as much fun! The Portsmouth car ferry goes to Wooton Creek, BTW

Paul - great to hear that a commercial exhibitor had a good show. From what I heard others were similarly positive and we had a great time over the three days. I hope that Ribex remains annual and doesn't shrink back to bi-annual as that would mean going back to square one for every event.

The social side of things was superb - we met friends old and new, and I suspect that some of those didn't get any further than the Fastnet Brasserie

This can only develop to provide an international event of increased standing and reputation.
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 June 2005, 22:45   #44

Town: West Wickham
Boat name: Aries IV
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 250
MMSI: 235036477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker
Chris, will anything, ever?
Oh yes JW!

There's a small issue of bumping up the budget by £10k - 15k, but apart from that, there IS a boat out there that will meet all of my requirements.

I am afraid that I will have to keep you in suspense for a couple of months or so, until I have put a "build slot" deposit on it.

Sorry JK, I'll not name the manufacturers, so as to protect those who are trying to make an honest living out of building boats!

Happy Ribbing!

Chris.
Old 07 June 2005, 00:06   #45

Town: Iver, Bucks, UK
Boat name: Prime Rib II
Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercruiser 1.7 diese
MMSI: 235086032
Just thought I'd add my twopence,

I was there on Saturday after a windy and at times rather bumpy crossing in Prime Rib II from Portsmouth.

For some reason I didn't stumble across the Biboa stand, so sorry I didn't say hello, (Richard & Louise).... I think most of my time was in the Bistro!
Anyway, nice to meet all the faces I did meet.

I finally got to see the wheeled, 'drive it down the beach' RIB which I thought was great..... Totally impractical but great!

And I also got a chance to get out on Andre's much talked about 7mtr Parker. What a great ride!.. Eating up the bumps and very smooth even at 36 knots! One to remember when PM II gets old! Are you sure that Verado isn't electric?... It can't be THAT quite!

Anyway, a great time, only marred by the fact that I had been given a parking fine when I returned to Camber Dock after the £6 ticket I bought fell on the floor and the parking man couldn't see it!

Oh well!

Happy ribbing.

Mike C
Old 08 June 2005, 07:27   #46

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B

Cokee, did you consider a bespoke embroidery option?
Thats Cookee with 2 o's and 2 e's! Yes I can add your name and boat name to the Ribnet Polos, Fleeces or even Burgees (although it would have to be a patch as it would come out all messy on the other side onm the burgee!).

PM or email me details of what you want, and what you want it on, and I'll give you a price!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote