This was my first show, working with an exhibitor (Ocean Ribs).
However, I did learn a lot over the last three days.
1. How much the market has developed over the last couple of years with craft design, engine development and also customer expectations. Cookee & Kitten, I loved your new boat "Sevety Seven" good luck with it.
2. The Pascoe craft were in a differnet league! but what would they be like in in a big sea in the channel or the Irish Sea? Although the 'eye candy' had to run for cover with ensueing rain. Interresting in stilleto's on a floating dock
3. The Weather will always play a part for attendance figures. As I understand about 9000 people went through the gates last year. I wonder what the true figures will be for this year?
4. Hugo will never make a good compare, leave it to the pro's.
But he did try.
5. Of those visitng the show how many were serious buyers or just there to demo boats because they were on holiday?
6. Displays both on and off the water were lacking, but as i understand it the Leader of the Army Display Team has now retired and enjoying his new venture in civvy street, so no display team
The lifeboat crews did a sterling job of trying to keep the crowds entertained. Well done lads.
Maybe Ribex should think of turning this into a Bi-Annuall event!
All in all a good w/end was had by myself and of those who i met with said the same.
See you all next year!!!!