Originally Posted by Sarah G
This is giving me hope. I got all down hearted last night as the patches didn't improve at all.
What is toluene? Did you use the 303 cleaner and polish? I thought TFR for the cleaning and then another product for the polish. Sorry for all the questions. Now that I've started looking at the tubes, I notice more of the patches.
Sarah, toluene is a form of thinners used by the tube industry to clean hypalon and may be available from your local chandlery. However, you may not need it.
Try the TFR first - I used diluted TFR and diluted it even further, although some use it neat. Wet the tubes and then work it in circular motion with a green kitchen dish scrubber (not too hard though). You'll see lots of blue gunk literally streaming off the tubes. Then hose this off with fresh water (it'll streak otherwise).
Then get hold of some 303 protector (I didn't use the cleaner - there are mixed reviews of this on Rib.net) and spray it on the tubes and gently wipe it to ensure it covers the material - do not wipe it dry at this stage. After a few minutes wipe dry. You'll see the difference straight away. You may need to go over some of the areas again to ensure that they get adequately covered in the protector.