Old 06 September 2012, 17:08   #31

Boat name: Ocean Escapes
Make: Excalibur
Length: 9m +
Engine: 150Yamaha&300Verado
Glad to hear you have it sorted, just came across your posts now. That sounds about right, the weight of the engine is not helped by the fact the tank is at the back of the boat, If you ever wanted to balance her out better again I would put a 90lt tank under the console or maybe run the tank to the bow, but for now I would move the tank to starboard and go with that.

Old 07 September 2012, 09:30   #32

Make: humber
Length: 6m +
from wavelength
"Try the trim first, on flat water trim up gradually at speed and see if your problem goes away..."

right on the money with that one mara!

Old 18 September 2012, 21:20   #33

Town: West Cork
Boat name: Wave Runner
Make: Excalibur
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 90 4st
Lean to Port

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreworiordan View Post
Glad to hear you have it sorted, just came across your posts now. That sounds about right, the weight of the engine is not helped by the fact the tank is at the back of the boat, If you ever wanted to balance her out better again I would put a 90lt tank under the console or maybe run the tank to the bow, but for now I would move the tank to starboard and go with that.
Hello Andrew,
Just came across your post there now.Thanks for that advice. Yeah was thinking of putting a long length of fuel line with the cables in the conduit from the back up along to the front to connect with a strapped on fuel tank in front of the console, it might help the balance a little.
Had been getting some scary moments in her on one long trip out to the Fastnet, when I came off some big swells while pushing on hard. Hit the water on the port tube a few times, which did nothing at all for my confidence. Dont want to go through that again so far from home.
Anyway Andrew, how did you get on with your new upgrade, or did you invest at all yet. Must catch up some time.

Cheers,
Pluto2