Click Here to Login

Old 15 February 2005, 14:30   #1

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
possible gettogether anyone who has avon 620 or humber ocean pro 6.3m

hello again, i am still in the dilema of chossing between these two boats, and humber dont do test runs til late on, when it would be too late to then order a boat to arrive for the summer season, i was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be willing to get together and go for some 'ribbing' and i will bring along my current zodiac pro 9 man rib, basically i would liek to see how the two boats in question perform, look etc, any help[ would be appreciated! my boat is located near swansea, south wales.
one more thing, the humbers, do they have a deep interior height, so ppl inside feel secure etc? many thanks, jonathan
Old 15 February 2005, 14:45   #2

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Hi Jon,

I have a Zodiac Medline II, it's my 4th Zodiac and the largest/best I've had thus far.

The Med II is a superb bit of kit - admittedly it's not a Humber or other such rugged utilitarian (I mean that in the nicest way Humber owners) RIB, however, it is just as capable given that one does not purposely launch in a GF 9, however, if caught out in one, you'd be as safe as the rest of them.

The difference - dare I say advantage - over many other makes / styles of RIB manufacturers comes when one seeks something suitable for all the family. i.e. Sunbathing - Picnicing - Swimming etc. The Medline comes with optional picnic table and sunbathing cushion set, the Med II has these as standard with an extended sunbathing platform at the stern.

Therefore, you have the best of both worlds, size (6 mtrs), power (150hp max), comfort (lots of bench seating/sunbathing and dining area) as well as a top brand with associated craftmanship / warranties and xudos etc.

Anyway, there are plenty of pictures on here of mine and more than adequate amounts of information on the web. However, if you'd like a trial I would be more than pleased to extend an invitation to you and your family for a day out on mine.

Unfortunately, for the next two week I am travelling around the Middle East and Russia, however, I would be free over the weekend of 12/13 March.

I am based in Abersoch N.W. If you fancy a spin and could be bothered with the haul that far north, feel free to advise.

In the meantime, good luck........

p.s

If you buy one of these, you always have beautiful, scantily clad babes aboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	med1(2).jpg
Views:	204
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	10419   Click image for larger version

Name:	medb.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	10420  
Old 15 February 2005, 17:22   #3

Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
Jon, there may be a potential buyer for your Zodiac here:

http://forums.hotribs.com/showthread...=&threadid=160
Old 15 February 2005, 21:06   #4

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Engine: 140hp suzuki
thanks

thanks, i think i contacted him through an add in boats and outboards, meme, i may well take you up on that offer of a trip, ill check see if im available, that would be awesome. its basically because before buying any boat in that price range it is essential to make sure i get the right one! so as you know im looking for an around 6m rib, kitted mainly for leisure use, but with the hull capable of adverse conditions with comfort.