Old 15 August 2006, 13:06   #11

Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
We had a 5.85 rib craft it was a good all round rib heavy but good, i have not owned a humber but we went to the factory and i wasant inpressed.

Old 16 August 2006, 05:22   #12

Boat name: Mr Blue Sky
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-Tec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by al40
How much space do you have in front on the console and behind the rear seats? Is there enough room to sit on the deck with your back to the console? Is the bow locker raised or flush with the deck (I haven't been able to work this out from pictures or description).
In front of the console, between the front seat and the toob I reckon its about a metre, my two kids squeeze in there no problem. The floor is flat, with the anchor locker lid the only intrusion.
Behind the rear seats I'd guess at half a metre from the jockey bases to the bilge sump, in the photo enough room for spare fuel tank and small cool box.

Quote:
One thing I was slightly concerned about was the fact that the rear seats are close the sponsons so on tight turns or with waves on the beam passengers may feel insecure. What's your experience on this?

Thanks.
My passengers haven't reported any more insecurity than is normal with me driving... I don't think this would be a problem, even though only 5.3 metres long the Ribcraft has a big boat feel.

Quote:
Unfortunately they (and Humber) seem to have stopped answering my emails....
Unfortunately this is normal practice for Ribcraft, presumably they get snowed under with queries it takes time to answer them all, it was quite frustrating dealing with them at times... However they do get there in the end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0746b.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	21602  

Old 16 August 2006, 05:48   #13

Engine: 90hp
Thanks Lawrence, that's exactly the info I need to know. I like the look of the Ocean console, much more room to mount stuff and a bit more protection from the weather. I think the Ocean console I was offered came with effectively 4 single jockey seats (ie 4 backrests) but apart from that it's identical.

Blue is definately the colour!

Al.
Old 16 August 2006, 06:09   #14
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Very nice boat Lawrence
Old 16 August 2006, 07:04   #15

Town: guildford
Boat name: "the rib"
Make: ribcraft
Engine: o petrol 90
I've had a Ribcraft 5.85 for 5 years and I use it as a working/runabout boat...it gets a lot of use. It's excellent. Strong, safe, well built, I'd definitely buy another one.

The guys at Ribcraft are good too: helpful and knowledgable.

I don't work for Ribcraft.
Old 16 August 2006, 09:21   #16

Boat name: Mr Blue Sky
Engine: E-Tec 90
Quote:
Thanks Lawrence, that's exactly the info I need to know. I like the look of the Ocean console, much more room to mount stuff and a bit more protection from the weather. I think the Ocean console I was offered came with effectively 4 single jockey seats (ie 4 backrests) but apart from that it's identical.

Blue is definately the colour!

Al.
The ocean console I think is a bit smaller than mine (the cruiser console with front seat) but does offer a lot more space and shelter than the standard single console.
There is a bit more room at the rear of the jockeys - 2 feet (60cms)- than I previously said. Ribcraft will do any type of console with any type of seat and you can move the positons of each to suit so if you needed a bit more room in front it would be no problem to move things back a bit. I don't think you could move a double console any further forward though.
Two double jockeys offered cost savings over four single ones, you gain a bit more space at the back, and you can squeeze three people onto them at a push if friendly and/or small/kid-size .

Blue does look good...

Thanks Ads, you're too kind.
Old 16 August 2006, 09:32   #17

Town: Sunny Ynys Môn
Boat name: Windchill 2
Make: Ring Powercraft 685
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 175
I had a 5.5 Extreme with a 115hp evinrude, which absolutely flew. However, I did have "issues" with the build quality which were not adressed by the manufacturer at the time.

When I sold her, everything was it it should have been.

The Extreme jockey console fitted, which included a 90l tank was superb for a tall helm. The "settee" we put in at the after end was comfy going slow, but no so good in a lumpy sea at speed: plenty of storage though.

She was also quite a "wet" boat.
Old 16 August 2006, 16:50   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
The ocean console I think is a bit smaller than mine (the cruiser console with front seat) but does offer a lot more space and shelter than the standard single console.
There is a bit more room at the rear of the jockeys - 2 feet (60cms)- than I previously said. Ribcraft will do any type of console with any type of seat and you can move the positons of each to suit so if you needed a bit more room in front it would be no problem to move things back a bit. I don't think you could move a double console any further forward though.
Two double jockeys offered cost savings over four single ones, you gain a bit more space at the back, and you can squeeze three people onto them at a push if friendly and/or small/kid-size .
I didn't realise the cruiser would fit on the 5.3 (I missed that on your original post, sorry). That's a great combination of seating 1 adult (or 2 kids) up front then 4-6 on the Jockeys! I think I may have to re-evaluate!

Cheers, Al.
Old 17 August 2006, 04:44   #19

Length: 7m +
As everyone keeps saying the Ribcraft 4.8 is an amazing little boat for it's size.

What is the difference between the Humber Destroyer and Ocean Pro ranges?
Old 17 August 2006, 04:53   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
What is the difference between the Humber Destroyer and Ocean Pro ranges?
Ocean pro has (over Destroyer) covered bow locker (open on Destroyer) and multi-chine hull