Not too much to report, but got into an interesting situation today.
I need to relocate the handle of the motor control box from port to starboard, and from the manual it seemed to be an easy job.
Step 1: remove some screws and a cover. Easy enough, done.
Step 2: remove some more screws and strip one of them. That was easy too.
The manual says this screw need to be tightened with 2.9lbft torque. Maybe the screw had a lot of thread locker glue on it, in any case, it was much much more than 2.9lb. Suzuki compounded the problem by using very cheap soft screws. I was able to remove one of these screws very carefully, but ended up stripping the other one.
I finally gave up and drilled away the screw head. It's lucky I have a drill press, as I could have never done that with a hand drill without damaging the surrounding plastic.
Now only the stump is left. I tried flattening it with a dremel tool and twisting it with a large spanner, but this bugger just won't budge.
I'll soak it with wd40 overnight and see if it becomes loose tomorrow. If that won't work I'll just cut the stem away. Hopefully I won't need to relocate the handle back to the port side.