Old 22 August 2018, 21:19   #21

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyoboy View Post
I had this with a Redbay 6.1 I had. The jockey seat was just too high (I’m 5’8) so I didn’t have enough bend in my legs to absorb. I used to end up banging off the hard seat. I’ve found XS and Tornados I’ve used have slightly lower seats and more forgiving.

Interesting- our jockeys are a bit high and wide IMHO (5ft 6 me, bro and Dad) yet I see mates who are 6ft 2 and the jockey is pointless.

I wonder how adjustable suspension seats are to height...
Old 22 August 2018, 21:45   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Interesting- our jockeys are a bit high and wide IMHO (5ft 6 me, bro and Dad) yet I see mates who are 6ft 2 and the jockey is pointless.

I wonder how adjustable suspension seats are to height...
Scotseats are about 8" in total depending on base you buy. You buy the base you want and then the seat is adjustable 50mm up/down, you can adjust them fore/aft if you wish with rails, the damping is adjustable too.

Best money spent on my boat for sure.
Old 22 August 2018, 22:38   #23

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
I've owned boats for 46 years, during which time I've never had an injury or any of my crew. I've been part of marine rescue groups where we pushed boats in extreme conditions in poor weather. Locally we are often the only ones on the water when the wind gets around 35kts due to an extremely dangerous bar crossing where many have lost their lives.

Last year I did 12 rescues from my own boat in conditions way to close for comfort. I have no obstacles or seats behind my helm and drive in extreme conditions with bent knees and a wide foot spread. I regularly update my first aid training and carry a pretty decent first aid kit ( even tourniquets as we freedive with sharks and stingy things ).

Something I was told by a medical training officer is " there is no such things as accidents " every action is something we make, which are often poor ones. Someone gets injured in a boat, car, bike, skateboard etc etc it's through an error we make. I drive to the conditions, I prep my crew where and how they should be positioned.
Old 23 August 2018, 08:51   #24

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
It’s often through an error we make, but we are ALL human and none perfect, so they do happen. It’s when not if.
Old 23 August 2018, 18:18   #25
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
I met a keen ribber this week and he has just cracked his ribs in a fall onboard.

Tags
rib