Old 22 October 2006, 15:07   #31
Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Beam View Post
P.S. If my driving advice sucks, please let me know, I'll stop giving it.
If you made it back to the dock it can't be that bad Jimmy!

As a fellow 590-er, you might be interested in knowing that I picked up my boat slightly used after the Police crew that was using it, stuffed the nose and did and end-over-end roll, in 12 foot (supposedly) waves in Lake Ontario. The tubes were underinflated, and the hull had a bunch of water in it to complicate things. I have since spoken to one of the guys on board and I guess it was a pretty exciting ride.

Also, I was recently down at the local Hurricane dealer and he had a Navy 1010 down there for re-wiring after it was flipped with 10 guys on board in 30' seas off Nova Scotia. I can't imagine that the crew wasn't beat up pretty well, but the Navy wouldn't comment. The boat was powered by twin 350s OBs I believe, but they weren't on the boat anymore!

These RIBS are awesome boats, but they aren't able to make up for every mistake made by the crew!

Pump it up and RIDE!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2006, 07:50   #32
Town: Anchorage
Boat name: Trojan
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Twin Yamaha 70's

Wow, I couldn't imagine that boat going over forward, musta been a pretty nasty ride. I wonder what the driver did wrong? I never travel underinflated, and I am allways making sure my bilge pumps work well. Sounds interesting.

"Ribbed, for her pleasure"
Jimmy_Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2006, 20:15   #33
Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
I rolled a 12 ft. Metzler (german sib) nose over stern years ago in 12 to 14 ft waves, that 20 hp. Merc was not going to help in those wave sets! I sure as hell would not want to roll my current boat, especially since it would be take some seriously nasty stuff to roll it. Big waves can be fun, but comes a point where you should just leave her tied at the dock...

pathalla is offline   Reply With Quote