Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 February 2014, 06:35   #241
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgriffiths View Post
Missed out on the ebay helmets, so order 2 new mark 11's in matt black which arrived today.

May old Mark 10's had a great finished but the new Mark 11's no so good. Pictures attached.

Did I get the seconds! or is this a normal finish for injection moulding.

Cheers

David
give them a call on Monday Dave, Gecko are great to deal with, maybe just a misunderstanding on the order

does this mean things are moving on with the new rig
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 15:57   #242
Member
 
rocknrolla's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
give them a call on Monday Dave, Gecko are great to deal with, maybe just a misunderstanding on the order

does this mean things are moving on with the new rig
yes ez back, so u got t get out of the yard Mr Smooth cus ez avin your spot chris sez u are out Looey u av ad ur notice
__________________

__________________
rocknrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 16:12   #243
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
yes ez back, so u got t get out of the yard Mr Smooth cus ez avin your spot chris sez u are out Looey u av ad ur notice
Yea Chris is looking after the BS gang you have 2 weeks notice Caton
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 17:38   #244
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
yes ez back, so u got t get out of the yard Mr Smooth cus ez avin your spot chris sez u are out Looey u av ad ur notice
tough, he had his chance, he can get to the back of that very long que, we waited for 4 years to get in with Chris n we ain't going no where

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Yea Chris is looking after the BS gang you have 2 weeks notice Caton
hmmmmmmm ........... the BSG only show up twice a season
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 19:37   #245
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Osprey ViperMax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Etec
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 80
I will give Gecko a call on Monday and just check they didn't send me the used MOD ones.

Having a few similar set back's / misunderstandings with the new boat build......so bought the helmets to cheer myself up.... as thought they couldn t go wrong.

Have a sitting room full of bits and an engine waiting to go on, just need to figure out what goes where.......I am sure it was easier last time.
__________________
Davidgriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 03:31   #246
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgriffiths View Post
I will give Gecko a call on Monday and just check they didn't send me the used MOD ones. Having a few similar set back's / misunderstandings with the new boat build......so bought the helmets to cheer myself up.... as thought they couldn t go wrong. Have a sitting room full of bits and an engine waiting to go on, just need to figure out what goes where.......I am sure it was easier last time.
What's the new boat? What's happened to the old black osprey?
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2014, 14:43   #247
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Osprey ViperMax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Etec
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 80
7m Osprey sold last year......wedding to pay for etc.

New 6.5m Osprey now getting built.

As for the helmets had a chat with Gecko today and it seems that the injection moulded matt black marks very easily indeed.....the marks were simply caused by it bouncing around in the cardboard delivery box.

Might change them for shinny black, but not what I really wanted.
__________________
Davidgriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2014, 14:50   #248
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgriffiths View Post
7m Osprey sold last year......wedding to pay for etc. New 6.5m Osprey now getting built. As for the helmets had a chat with Gecko today and it seems that the injection moulded matt black marks very easily indeed.....the marks were simply caused by it bouncing around in the cardboard delivery box. Might change them for shinny black, but not what I really wanted.
What size engine Dave, ? is it a shines black rib again
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2014, 15:01   #249
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Osprey ViperMax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Etec
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 80
Its black again with an Etec 200HO. Just couldn't bring myself to get something smaller and more fuel friendly!

Probably should have gone with a 7m boat again as that extra few cm's makes more of a difference than you think, but the 6.5m should still be good fun.
__________________
Davidgriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2014, 17:59   #250
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgriffiths View Post
7m Osprey sold last year......wedding to pay for etc. New 6.5m Osprey now getting built. As for the helmets had a chat with Gecko today and it seems that the injection moulded matt black marks very easily indeed.....the marks were simply caused by it bouncing around in the cardboard delivery box. Might change them for shinny black, but not what I really wanted.
OMG you'll be going even faster!!
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.