Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 May 2014, 11:38   #11
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,452
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply but rather than waste your time, it's not something I'd be interested in.
Best of luck with the sale.
I gather you have misunderstood my post. You had already said you were not interested in the 750RS but in a new rib. if you want a brand new one build to your requirements then why not send me your requirements perhaps we can meet them. We do have a large console as well.

So what are you interested in? You started the thread not me. At the end of the day you do not have to buy a Parker it is your choice or are you just a time waster.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 12:02   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambridgeshire
Length: 5m +
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I gather you have misunderstood my post. You had already said you were not interested in the 750RS but in a new rib. if you want a brand new one build to your requirements then why not send me your requirements perhaps we can meet them. We do have a large console as well.

So what are you interested in? You started the thread not me. At the end of the day you do not have to buy a Parker it is your choice or are you just a time waster.
Hi Andre,

If you had taken the time to look back at my original post and subsequent ones, you'll see that ideally I'm looking for a comparison between the 3 ribs listed at the beginning of the Thread.
1. XS,
2. Humber and,
3. Ocean.

Having said that I am considering other ribs.
However as I have mentioned in a further post; ones that are made and based in the UK. That is primarily the reason why I am not interested in Parker.
My apologies if this offends but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
__________________

__________________
guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 12:17   #13
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,452
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Hi Andre,

If you had taken the time to look back at my original post and subsequent ones, you'll see that ideally I'm looking for a comparison between the 3 ribs listed at the beginning of the Thread.
1. XS,
2. Humber and,
3. Ocean.

Having said that I am considering other ribs.
However as I have mentioned in a further post; ones that are made and based in the UK. That is primarily the reason why I am not interested in Parker.
My apologies if this offends but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

No worries it is your money. however for the record your post only said based in England . If you had said made in England or UK I would not have bothered to respond to your post.

from a marketing point of view - What have you got against a Parker ? Do you think it is not suitable for cross channel cruises. Perhaps the workmanship is shabby or poor quality materials are used etc

I am not offended in anyway. I hope you find what you are looking for
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 12:25   #14
Member
 
boristhebold's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,292
Guido I think you have missed the point in some of these posts, people are interested in helping you but it's difficult to give a view on specific ribs unless we know what type of activity your interested in, what you might use it for, how many people might be with you, where you might use it etc etc because there is lots of variables which could effect what people might think of those ribs you have specificaly mentioned.

Andre from Parker Ribs is one of the most helpful on this forum and always has time for people in person so I think you may have got off on a wrong footing with him. As to Parker Ribs they are on my top 5 Favourite Ribs list, there is a very nice one in my local marina, just because they are built outside of the UK doesn't mean they are badly built. In fact ask anyone with knwoledge on here and I dont think anyone would say anything negative about Parker Ribs.

There are plenty of people who would say negative things about some british built ribs so the point is you cant just think becuase they are built outside the Uk that they are going to be bad. Unless of course ive got your point wrong in that case my apologies.

Point is there are good and bad built ribs all over the world and good and bad support from manufacturers in equal portions.

If you come up with a decent requirements list then people could help you better.
__________________
boristhebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 12:27   #15
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
Out of the four I know which I'd choose. Parker RIBs are streets ahead of the other three.

Humber and XS are both decent seaworthy boats though, although the attention to detail and finish on the Humbers tends to be a bit basic.

Like others have said, tell us about what you want the boat to do and then people can give you some more useful pointers.
__________________
John Kennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 12:37   #16
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,271
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Out of the four I know which I'd choose. Parker RIBs are streets ahead of the other three.

Humber and XS are both decent seaworthy boats though, although the attention to detail and finish on the Humbers tends to be a bit basic.

Like others have said, tell us about what you want the boat to do and then people can give you some more useful pointers.
I would have to agree with the venerable one on that
Plus You may want to look at Ribcraft...Sports and Pro Range..and there are a few Osprey Fans about too.
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 12:43   #17
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
In order of preference:

1. XS - You get what you paid a bit more for.
2. Humber - You get the bit less you paid for.
3. Ocean - You get what you deserve...

For the record (i.e. future Readers) Redbay Boats are based and build their boats in the UK. For Sarf Coasters, they have an agent in Sarfhampton - MRL - and they make a cracking 7.4m
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 14:32   #18
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,112
Andre/John/Maxi/Willk,

I don't think he's looking for anything as refined as your suggestions!
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 14:52   #19
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Andre/John/Maxi/Willk,

I don't think he's looking for anything as refined as your suggestions!
I wasn't suggesting anything P.
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2014, 17:17   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambridgeshire
Length: 5m +
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
1. XS - You get what you paid a bit more for.
2. Humber - You get the bit less you paid for.
3. Ocean - You get what you deserve...

For the record (i.e. future Readers) Redbay Boats are based and build their boats in the UK. For Sarf Coasters, they have an agent in Sarfhampton - MRL - and they make a cracking 7.4m
Thank you Willk
__________________

__________________
guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.