Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIBnet Community Forums > Say Hello | New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 13 June 2012, 14:14   #1

Town: S/E Queensland
Boat name: White Hurricane
Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar 6LP 315hp Jet
G'day Ribsters from the mother land! (Queensland, Australia)

Fairly new to this show, and I like it a lot ! Started my ribbing days in B.C Canada ,in zodiac hurricanes and feel in love with the capabilities of these boats. Although a 4.7m the thing was unstoppable.( mind you a was a lot fitter back then). It was open the throttle and hang on. Back in Oz I bought a 4m Swift RIB which has been a blast ! But not as much as my completely refitted 733 Zodiac Hurricane that I was fortunate enough to find. Ex navy it's been repowered with a Yanmar 6LP 315hp, coupled to a Doen jet unit(dj110), and does 37 knots tops! Love reading about all the other boats . Very happy chappy. Keep it up guys ( and girls ) Cheers Todd. P.s only wanted one of these boats for 15 years!, check out the photos on my profile, I'll keep it updated.
Old 13 June 2012, 17:35   #2

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Grimley View Post
Fairly new to this show, and I like it a lot ! Started my ribbing days in B.C Canada ,in zodiac hurricanes and feel in love with the capabilities of these boats. Although a 4.7m the thing was unstoppable.( mind you a was a lot fitter back then). It was open the throttle and hang on. Back in Oz I bought a 4m Swift RIB which has been a blast ! But not as much as my completely refitted 733 Zodiac Hurricane that I was fortunate enough to find. Ex navy it's been repowered with a Yanmar 6LP 315hp, coupled to a Doen jet unit(dj110), and does 37 knots tops! Love reading about all the other boats . Very happy chappy. Keep it up guys ( and girls ) Cheers Todd. P.s only wanted one of these boats for 15 years!, check out the photos on my profile, I'll keep it updated.
happy ribbing Todd, excellent photos