Old 15 June 2015, 18:17   #51
Town: Oxford
Boat name: Quicksilver 340
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Thanks for the reply. Did you re glue the whole floor or just the transom area? Just wondered did you take any pictures?
I've seen a video of a more modern mk3 being re glued on utube and the owner strengthens the area with more pvc which looked a good idea? He also re glued the floor.. Mine has a few spots starting to peel but I'm not sure if I should do this area as well? Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 18:29   #52
Town: evesham
Boat name: philipe
Make: zodiac
Length: 3m +
I had to make a new transom, the rot was very bad.So bad that I had nothing to use as a template so ended up starting from scratch, working out tube sizes and offset from horizontal.Next was to make some routing jigs followed by a practice transom.It's all in now, I decided to go adhesive and mechanical so have used A4 panheads through the collars into the transom. I'm a chippy and have all the tools to hand but have to say that it's chuffin difficult. One contributor on here (office888, I believe) described it as an 8 out of 10 job, 1 being good, 10 being bad. I have no reason to downgrade that. Would I do it again? Sure, anyone got any terminal transom rot sib's for sale?

McNish is offline   Reply With Quote