D318 Modeller I
I brought my D class last year, so far i have stripped and re varnished all the wood which was remarkable in good order, fitted a new mattress flooring, found new oars and compass and fuel bags. I have also fitted an ex rnli 40 hp mariner. As the transom had been cut for a short shaft i have had to raise the height (temporarily wedged in place with a metal plate for now until i carry out a proper repair later in the year).
I have also made a new lid for the battery box which i have used for a sonar and gps mount and mounted a radio above which i think looks smart but obviously not very original.
The orange tube patches had been painted but all the paint was flaking so i have also repainted them which really brightener her up.
funnily i have lots of photos of each stage but no photos of her now, i will have to take some this weekend and post.
i am somewhat proud of how she now looks and she goes as well too.