Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 February 2014, 11:04   #1
Member
 
Crooty78's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54
How to fold an aerotec 380 to fit the bag??

I've just deflated my boat for the first time, and wondered if anyone can tell me to correct way to fold it up so it fits in the bag. I just rolled it up from the transom but it's way too big still! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
__________________

__________________
Crooty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:17   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oop North
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 323
If it's anything like my Zodiac;

Suck as much air out as you can

Fold the transom over

Fold the ends over the transom

Fold boat in 3rds

Probably help to take the Air deck out and fold separately.

I've got a 380 in the garage, but I haven't tried to fold it up yet.
__________________

__________________
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:19   #3
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
It helps if you can pump the air out of the tubes, otherwise make sure you get as much out as possible. Hold the top of each tube by the grab handles and lay them in towards the middle of the boat, this way the boat is folded to about the same width as the transom. Fold the cones across the back of the transom and roll towards the bow.

Do you have the original bag? It should be more of a wrapper than an actual bag, so gives you a bit of leeway in your final size. It can take a few goes before you get a feel for the proportions, but it should fit easily.
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:19   #4
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
No need to take the airdeck out, but do remove the seat!
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:20   #5
Member
 
Crooty78's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
If it's anything like my Zodiac;

Suck as much air out as you can

Fold the transom over

Fold the ends over the transom

Fold boat in 3rds

Probably help to take the Air deck out and fold separately.

I've got a 380 in the garage, but I haven't tried to fold it up yet.
Thanks Stray, I've only tried with the airdeck in so far, and I did try folding sides in but was awkward because of the transom, I'll persevere with it. Thanks
__________________
Crooty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:23   #6
Member
 
Crooty78's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
It helps if you can pump the air out of the tubes, otherwise make sure you get as much out as possible. Hold the top of each tube by the grab handles and lay them in towards the middle of the boat, this way the boat is folded to about the same width as the transom. Fold the cones across the back of the transom and roll towards the bow.

Do you have the original bag? It should be more of a wrapper than an actual bag, so gives you a bit of leeway in your final size. It can take a few goes before you get a feel for the proportions, but it should fit easily.
Hi John, yes it's the wrapper type bag thing, I think I just need to practice more! I did use my bravo pump to suck the air out, so it's just me that's the problem. Oh and I did remember to take the seat out!
__________________
Crooty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:33   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oop North
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 323
Oops, as John says, fold the sides in before the transom.

Or just stick it in the garage.




__________________
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 11:45   #8
Member
 
Crooty78's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	91424

I would but needs a bit of a sort out lol
__________________
Crooty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 12:29   #9
Member
 
paddlers's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,063
If you can leave it inflated it does stop the mice nibbling holes in it ! Little buggers made a nest in mine a couple of years ago and gnawed through the rope & floor...!
I haven't folded it since.
__________________
paddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2014, 12:32   #10
Member
 
Crooty78's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlers View Post
If you can leave it inflated it does stop the mice nibbling holes in it ! Little buggers made a nest in mine a couple of years ago and gnawed through the rope & floor...!
I haven't folded it since.
I don't think they can get in my garage, but not 100% sure. I've not seen any sign of them in there.
__________________

__________________
Crooty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.