The other day someone asked how I was getting on with modding my bow dolly as started in posts #51,57,58,59. That was back in mid May and other jobs had pushed it to the back of the shed but with it needed for hols in 3wks I'm going to finish it now.
So today I roughed out construction of my version of Chipko's idea in post #45. The only change I've made really is I decided to make a tongue at the front of the pad that would slip through the bow handle... so the weight will be supported by the pad but the pull distributed between bow handle and straps or ropes going back to the D-rings.
Pics below are as far as I've got this morning.
Also I've fitted the solid wheels that were briefly on my transom wheels to the dolly. They give a tiny bit more height which helps my design but mainly their width at the axle bore (not the overall width of the trolley, the width of the wheel itself at the axle bore) is almost half that of the original wheels so I've been able to cut down the axle width even more as it was quite excessive for this purpose. Just helps with storage in the shed and fitting in the car on a sibbing day out.