Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 13 July 2012, 09:54   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Greatham, Hampshire
Boat name: Sandy Alex
Make: sr4
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 55dt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
Got the boat...

and the Engine, flares, lifeJackets, fish finder/gps, vhf etc etc/......
need somewhere to launch..
Everywhere i turn there seems to be qualifications needed or join a club... ,is there anywhere i can go and roll my inflatable (with transom wheels) that is easy launch, near to car, and i dont have to pay too much to join. merseyside, to angelsey. it is my maiden voyage...
answers gratefully accepoted on a postcard..

Peter
__________________

__________________
gridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2012, 09:58   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wiltshire
Boat name: Dennis & no name
Make: Avon Sportboat & SR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 3.5 & ??
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 26
Have you tried the boat launch app? Assuming you have a smart phone that is. I found it very useful.
__________________

__________________
piemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2012, 16:52   #3
Member
 
PeteH's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cheshire
Boat name: Lou-Lou
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 9.9
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 55
I intend to launch mine this weekend in Porthmadog, at the slip or at black rock.
You will need to register your craft,insure and most often pay to launch but launching
Can be included with the reg fees as I've just found out.
__________________
PeteH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2012, 08:29   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Greatham, Hampshire
Boat name: Sandy Alex
Make: sr4
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 55dt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
Damn, noticed a little oil leak from under the plastic cover on the leg, so it's in with Liverpool powerboats... Hope it's a simple fix, engine has done less than 10 hours...
__________________
gridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2012, 11:15   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Llanfair pg
Boat name: just about to change
Make: Aircraft
Length: 8m +
Engine: Outboard
MMSI: 13
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridge View Post
Damn, noticed a little oil leak from under the plastic cover on the leg, so it's in with Liverpool powerboats... Hope it's a simple fix, engine has done less than 10 hours...
When its fixed
Pop across to Anglesey
You can launch at Ty Calch (Chris's place) Caernarfon side of the Strait
You don't need to show any certs etc, parking space no probs too
You can launch at Menai Bridge , virtualy 24/7, parking space for 'launch vehicle'
Might need to search a bit up the road to park the ''tow truck'
Might have to pay for slipway use and show PB2 cert or similar if the Warden is about
__________________
www.seawake.co.uk
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2012, 09:58   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Wrexham
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 99
Hi

I've been launching at Trearddur Bay at the top of the island. There's a launch fee for over 15hp but a good slip and you'll probably get away with not paying slip fees if you've just got transom wheels as the launch tractor is usually too busy launching bigger boats to notice everyone arriving on the beach.

Loads of bays to discover along the coast.
__________________
wxmrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2012, 13:21   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki View Post
When its fixed
Pop across to Anglesey
You can launch at Ty Calch (Chris's place) Caernarfon side of the Strait
You don't need to show any certs etc, parking space no probs too
You can launch at Menai Bridge , virtualy 24/7, parking space for 'launch vehicle'
Might need to search a bit up the road to park the ''tow truck'
Might have to pay for slipway use and show PB2 cert or similar if the Warden is about
I agree with Kawasaki, Ty Calch is ideal to launch, loads to see & do, if you need any help/advice Chris is your man, and not too far to tow for your 1st trip out hopefully we will be there next weekend
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2012, 17:35   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Greatham, Hampshire
Boat name: Sandy Alex
Make: sr4
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 55dt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton

I agree with Kawasaki, Ty Calch is ideal to launch, loads to see & do, if you need any help/advice Chris is your man, and not too far to tow for your 1st trip out hopefully we will be there next weekend
Sounds ideal. Given this is my maiden voyage, if the weather is ok, where would you motor to for the day? I know Anglesey very well, but not the rest of north Wales coast line..
Also who takes their dog sibbing?
__________________
gridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2012, 07:48   #9
Member
 
Landlockedpirate's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridge View Post
Sounds ideal. Given this is my maiden voyage, if the weather is ok, where would you motor to for the day? I know Anglesey very well, but not the rest of north Wales coast line..
Also who takes their dog sibbing?
If you dont have any experience at all I would pop upto the Lakes for your 1st attempt. No tides to worry about and if it all goes wrong an easy row back to shore.

Park Foot Campsite on Ullswater do day launches for 5, you don't need to register the boat and there is no other fees involved. Its an easy drive straight up the M6 and takes about the same time to get to as the straits from Liverpool.

You can put the car right next to the water to launch and there is a huge car park for BBQ's, it even has quite a few benches to sit on.
__________________
Landlockedpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2012, 10:49   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Greatham, Hampshire
Boat name: Sandy Alex
Make: sr4
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 55dt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
I was thinking about the lakes.... I have been to park foot a few times, didn't think about it for the maiden voyage...not a bad call. Thanks may pop up there on Friday with one of the kids.
__________________

__________________
gridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.