Old 30 May 2013, 20:30   #21

Am afraid "thestig1973" if I could afford the zodiac I wouldn't hesitate but they are a bit out my price range, this is something I would be looking at in the future. Possibly next summer. Just out of interest how much are they second hand as the ones I can only find are around the 2000 mark?

Thank you "Johnny5vikk" for all you help, I think for now i'm going to keep my eye on this Honda Marine T35 and try to get it and then add a 20hp. When I go out fishing there wont be more than 3 and normally it would only be 2.

I know you say about the flooring and packing the car up etc, luckily the nearest slipway which I can use is only 2 mins down the road so its not far. The packing of the car would be the hardest part but it saves walking half an hour up the cliff to where I normally fish, plus a lot easier Thank you for pointing all the factors out to me even if they are negative.

With the air floors are they some what solid? as I went out on a small sib which just had 3 wooden slats on the floor and it seemed really unsteady which makes me want a solid floor.

I will keep you all updated on what happens, hopefully I will know if I have this SIB by the weekend.

Thank you again to everyone
Old 30 May 2013, 20:33   #22
AJ.
RIBnet supporter

Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
An air deck when inflated to the correct psi are solid
Old 30 May 2013, 20:54   #23

Really....o I thought they were so to say squishy.

I take the air floor is shown in the price and overall weight of the boat! With an air floor would you go faster than a solid floor?

Thank you
Old 30 May 2013, 21:15   #24

Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 6hp
As an airfloor user I agree with AJ -the key is having the correct pressure in the floor. I was less than impressed with my floor when out on the water until the advice on here recommended topping up the pressure once the boat has been in the water for a couple of minutes. Now my routine is boat in the water and then use the electric pump to bring it back up to pressure. What a difference that makes. And yes having the ait floor makes it a realistic and manageable job deflating and transporting each time.

Cheers
MOTM
Old 30 May 2013, 21:27   #25

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan968 View Post
Really....o I thought they were so to say squishy.

I take the air floor is shown in the price and overall weight of the boat! With an air floor would you go faster than a solid floor?

Thank you
Airfloors are the best innovation in Sibs in the last 20 years, they are light and when correctly inflated just as rigid as a hard floor. They also make inflating and deflating a boat easy and quick. The slatted floor you have used previously is nothing like an air, or hard floor, they are for very low powered tenders.

Seriously, if you intend to inflate and deflate every time you use the boat, learn from everyone elses mistakes and get an airfloor. The hard floors are an extra hour of work and 40kg weight you don't need. Because of the weight saving, an air floor in a like for like boat will be slightly quicker.
Old 30 May 2013, 22:06   #26

Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Morgan968 A decent futura will cost 2k+ depending on age and outboard

Honwaves are great sibs and possibly the best value branded kit with strong 2nd hand resale values

Just buy one, get out on the water, have fun :-)
Old 31 May 2013, 05:37   #27

I think I will keep to the honwaves for now and think about a futata for the future.

Thank you for opening my eyes up about the inflatable floor, i could never of imagined the air floor being hard!

I'm keeping my eye out for the v shape inflatable floor t38 as well but the only trouble is I can't find any which is in my price range. I can only find the t35 with the slatted floor! and the one which is near me ends soon!

I will keep you all updated on progress and what happens within the next couple of days.

Thank you again to everyone who has replied and given me advice on what to do.

Morgan
Old 31 May 2013, 15:55   #28

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Invest well, whichever brand model you buy; if it's air deck with inflatable keel or a Vib deep V air floor go for the max HP engine stated on transom's tech plate to take the max out of that sib/engine combo, placing a higher HP engine than recommended will be overpowering...

Get a Bravo 0V-10 electric pump for 3.5 psi tube and air mat inflation + a Bravo 4 Alu hand pump to top that air floor once on water.

Happy Boating
Old 01 June 2013, 16:52   #29

Boat name: ShaarkBait
Make: Zodiac 3.6 FR
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
I looked at the Honwaves but went for Zodiac FastRoller in the end. The reason being is that the Zodiac FR air floors are not the bottom of the boat unlike the Honwaves and other Chinese imports. So if you get a puncture in the bottom of the Zodiac, its not likely to compromise the high pressure floor.
Old 02 June 2013, 10:47   #30

Hi everyone,

Been looking around at more sibs which are in my price range and what do people think about the prowave HD 380?

Thanks
Old 03 June 2013, 10:12   #31

Hi everyone,

I'm having some slight issues with getting an outboard, I do really want a 20 hp to go on there but they seem far and few between. The ones I do find are out my price range, so I was wondering would you see much difference between a 15 or a 20?

Thank you
Old 03 June 2013, 11:32   #32

Boat name: ShaarkBait
Make: Zodiac 3.6 FR
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
Are you talking 2-stroke or 4-stroke?

If 4-stroke, have you ever tried man handling one >10hp?

I'm pretty strong although admitidly have a hernia op to consider and I would say that 10hp 4-stroke is just about the limit of me lifting in/out of car.

Obviously 2-strokes are lighter, but only available in Europe as 5+ year old second hand. If you want newer, probably with better selection, then 4-stroke is your option.
Old 03 June 2013, 13:41   #33

Town: Wirral
Boat name: Tigger
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
The Bombard Aerotec 380 is defo the best SIB. With its deep 'v' hull, it performs superbly in all conditions. I fish from mine and don't have a problem, the floor when inflated correctly would be very difficult to penetrate with a hook.....Dont entertain a long shaft
Old 03 June 2013, 17:21   #34

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan968 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm having some slight issues with getting an outboard, I do really want a 20 hp to go on there but they seem far and few between. The ones I do find are out my price range, so I was wondering would you see much difference between a 15 or a 20?

Thank you
Depending where are you located, if available go for a 2 strokes Tohatsu 18 HP OB, great punch engine, beats any 15 HP brand engine.

Happy Boating
Old 06 June 2013, 08:28   #35

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to report back on my boat findings and I've gone for a 3.8 Ali floor xpro commando. I'm only going to go out on the rivers at the moment until I can afford a larger engine.

Thank you for all you help with locating a good boat