Old 28 May 2012, 19:23   #1

Town: South West
Boat name: Das Boot
Make: Honwave T40
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu, 20
Europa sport launch wheels

Hi, does anyone own some of these, the adjustable tilt type?

I want to fit wheels to my T40 so that I can roll it off the trailer but the trem wheels would be no use because the transom support bar on my trailer would prevent the wheels locking down.

The Europa sport ones look like they might do the trick because they have 3 tilt positions other than straight up or down. However, I'm not sure if those positions would be too horizontal, if it would be simple to add an extra position or what the weight limit is for them?

Just think it would be really good to use the trailer for transport but then lower transom wheels, extend the jockey until the transom lifts off the trailer then launch and recover boat without the trailer. Anyone else do this or tried to do it, any tips?

Thanks

Matt
Old 28 May 2012, 21:25   #2

I used them very tricky to bend over motor and pulling out the pins easy to drop them in the water, the wheels are a bit small as well. They can only be used in the down position very flimsy when up or on the tilt parts. Better to pay a bit extra and get bigger wheels. Just my opinion.

Jamie
Old 28 May 2012, 21:40   #3

Town: South West
Boat name: Das Boot
Make: Honwave T40
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu, 20
Thanks Jamie,

I sounds like they won't be any good then. Been looking for other types and it has occured to me that the trem s/s type for the Honwaves with the air deck might do the trick looking at pictures of them. The shape that avoids the trim tabs that mine doesn't have means they are a bit longer and stick out further so may miss my trailer. Bloody expensive though so I'll take it where I plan to buy and check they would work before hand.