Old 21 September 2010, 08:02   #1

Town: cheshire
Make: bombard C4
Length: 4m +
boat storage

Hi All
would it be possible for you to advise me of a decision I have to make re the storage of my c4 Bombard. it is currently on a trailor without cover and due to costs I need to aquire a tarpaulin to drape over for the winter.As I have read different advice on various internet sites as to storage what would you do, 1) deflate and store in the house for the winter in the bags or just cover with tarp and check the air occasionally........I cannot seem to make up my mind on this and theres not enough room in the garage to keep it there, what do you think???
thanks in advance
Old 21 September 2010, 08:11   #2
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
the previous thread (http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38030) essentially discusses/answers the same question
Old 21 September 2010, 14:10   #3

Town: cheshire
Make: bombard C4
Length: 4m +
thanks for the reply polwart but there did not seem many answers there for me to decide, am I going to damage it leaving it bagged up in the house for the winter more than leaving it outside under a tarp in the elements inflated??
Old 21 September 2010, 19:46   #4
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by conn4000 View Post
thanks for the reply polwart but there did not seem many answers there for me to decide, am I going to damage it leaving it bagged up in the house for the winter more than leaving it outside under a tarp in the elements inflated??
There is no right and wrong answer. There are some people who store it after every trip and if fully deflated, carefully packed away, strored clean and dry, then you should be OK provided it is kept vermin free (you'll know better than us how likely that is in your house). If you are a lazy git like me then cleaning / drying / deflating it properly won't happen and then you'll get problems.

Equally however there are plenty of people who never deflate their boats, and keep them outside all year round. Once again your biggest threat is vermin - but I'd also want to ensure it was well drained (upside down?) and ventilated so damp wasn't turning into mould. As mart suggests in the other thread you might want to look at ways of fitting it in the garage inflated but out the way (hanging or against a wall) which will give you the best of both worlds.

In future its probably more useful to join the existing (on going) discussion rather than start a new virtually identical one.
Old 01 October 2010, 16:17   #5

Town: GTA
Boat name: Seabright
Make: Seabright
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP ETec Tiller
Mine's always rolled bagged and shelved indoors for the winter. If I lived where you do I might use it all winter though. Here we use a truck to get to our winter dive sites.