Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 July 2006, 06:21   #131
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 885
Here, hold on Alex. Ask the same question on the Chryslers Voyageur before Mercedes put their own engine instead of the VM. No dont bother, I will tell you.... 4 out 5.

Jonathan
__________________

__________________
eupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 07:23   #132
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lee on the Solent
Boat name: Saintlee
Make: Leeway
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude DI 115
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 325
Don't get me started on Chrysler Voyagers. The Touareg is a replacement for an 02 Grand Voyager that was a complete bag of shit. Feel free to see comments on www.peachorlemon.co.uk and various other sites or PM me for all the details. I cannot stress how badly built it was and how much time it spent off the road (fortunately under warranty as far as costs were concerned!).
__________________

__________________
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 12:31   #133
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin
This thread is about Landrover problems, the reason for it is , to highlight the danger and unreliability of them , this being particularly important to us , having boats to tow, and I am hoping by posting the truth, and these various links people will decide for themselves,

Keep the insults coming , it wont deflect from these flawed 4x4 s

Hi Gavin,

Perhaps your right to highlight potential dangers, especially to us boat owners, here's one that could be far worse than a headgasket on a car going, real potential for danger here especially if this were to happen at sea. Rib faults
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 14:43   #134
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 835
Yeah thats a nasty one, I wonder did the gluue fail after a while , or was it expansion, either way not the sort of repair you would easily fix
__________________
www.dublinsislands.com

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 17:25   #135
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin
Yeah thats a nasty one, I wonder did the gluue fail after a while , or was it expansion, either way not the sort of repair you would easily fix
So when are you going to start a thread(or tread as some people would say)telling people not to buy Redbays???
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 17:42   #136
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 835
Just have a re read of the posting guidelines, your usual personal attacks, impolitness, etc, arnt tolerated, try and keep on the point ,the thread is about, not an attack about the general unrelilability of Landrovers, we are not discussing jap jeeps here, nor are we discussing why Henshaw tubes fitted to a Redbay suffered a cone failure, and what has this to do with telling people not to buy Redbays.
Like keeping to the point ,I welcome the links you have provided to Irish mental health sites, however how this strenghtens your argument about Landrovers being quality 4x4 I fail to see.

As for Internet troll , the sort of comments usually associated with the loss of an argument, isint it time for another anti Irish slur.


I will put it into context once again for you
People can visit the links I have provided, then make their own decisions

The links are credible ones, mostly owners comments and views etc, some from enthausists sites, if it upsets you to read about Landrover faults, then simply dont read them.
I am sure as everyone else is , other 4x4 used for towing boats, have problems too.
If it helps you, then start a thread on this, again what this has to do with Landrovers I fail to see .


I would however had welcomed some links opposing my views, and disproving my claims about Landrover, but we both know that wont be happening on this site......... because you havnt got any to show us
__________________
www.dublinsislands.com

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 18:24   #137
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
we have a td5 and a beemer and i far prefer towing the rib with the beemer especially on a long journey

now the hard boat only gets towed by the landy because of the sheer weight of it and the strain on the suspension.

the landy is fab on slippery slips and ours has been more reliable than some i suspect, tis our third and all have had probs but i fix them myself and is usually cheap and they do hold their value great

i would say the landies are gutless unless you chip em, never driven a chipped one but i hear they are a lot better
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2006, 07:42   #138
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
we have a td5 and a beemer and i far prefer towing the rib with the beemer especially on a long journey

now the hard boat only gets towed by the landy because of the sheer weight of it and the strain on the suspension.

the landy is fab on slippery slips and ours has been more reliable than some i suspect, tis our third and all have had probs but i fix them myself and is usually cheap and they do hold their value great

i would say the landies are gutless unless you chip em, never driven a chipped one but i hear they are a lot better
Well my 300 Tdi was not gutless when towing about the biggest load you can legally get away with. To be honest I was usually trying to keep the speed down on the Motorway.
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2006, 11:39   #139
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Well my 300 Tdi was not gutless when towing about the biggest load you can legally get away with. To be honest I was usually trying to keep the speed down on the Motorway.
i suspect yours is "special"

i find it tiring when you have to knock down a gear or two, listen to all that noise and slowly plod up hills rather than whistling up effortlessly with a 4.4 v8
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2006, 15:16   #140
ADS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Well my 300 Tdi was not gutless when towing about the biggest load you can legally get away with. To be honest I was usually trying to keep the speed down on the Motorway.
17.2 seconds 0-60, thats rapid
__________________

__________________
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.