Old 13 February 2018, 04:13   #11

Length: 7m +
I looked into this when living in Florida not so long ago (was contemplating bringing my Redbay over from the UK). It's all pretty easy - you'll obviously need to register the boat with the correct authority in your state. The paperwork seems to vary from state to state - but essentially if its a new boat you'll need the original bill of sale from the country where you purchased it and little else - this can then be used to register it and get the title documentation. You'll also pay state sales tax at the time of registering which can be quite a chunk of money to consider.

In terms of actually getting it there - talk to Peters and May. The run shared container services all over the place so you only pay for the square footage you actually need in the container. They'll also help collect it in the UK and arrange the paperwork. The cost of getting a 7.4m Redbay from the UK to Florida wasn't huge - around 3000 off the top of my head (this was on a RORO cargo ship).

Old 13 February 2018, 14:13   #12

Town: Varna
Make: Adventure
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda EF 50
Better buy 5m or 5.3 than 4.3m. It's bigger and have more space. If you used rib before you will know that the space inside is smaller than regular boats with same size. And you can run with 50 ps engine w/o problems with 50km/h

Tags
rib