Old 04 August 2011, 12:21   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Grr, bravo Pump

After all the raving on here about bravo pumps lately, I bought one... from marine mega store..

Buy MeridianZero Bravo Superturbo BST 12 HP Airbeds and pumps at Marine Megastore Chandlery 15% off orders over £300!*

However, its arrived today, and its not that one picture, or the model it says..
its BTP 12 Digital.

It says he still goes up to 1 bar/14.5 psi, and it does 450 l/min on turbin, 160 l/min on piston... so spec wise it doesnt seem bad...

Question is, is it better or worse than I ordered? My thinking is its worse...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ben
Old 04 August 2011, 12:25   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
I've considered buying stuff from them in the past but if you type Marine Megastore into Google the second line it autofills is:

"Marine Megastore complaints"

Not much help I'm afraid but it tells you a lot about them...
Old 04 August 2011, 12:26   #3

I've just called them, and they tell me the BTP12 Digital is the 2011 version of the BSP 12 HP Super Turbo - I am not convinced yet, im going to go and blow the honwave up in a minute and see whats what
Old 04 August 2011, 12:37   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Don't panic just yet Ben.

A BTP12 has just arrived here this morning as I chose it rather than the BST12HP. Mine came from a different supplier but was the same price with free postage.

I looked at the Marine Megastore website and registered but just stopped short of ordering due to issues I could see and all those mentioned all over the net.

It is out of order sending you a pump of a completely different model to the one you ordered but there is some truth in what they say... the BTP range is intended to replace the BST range... and at least you've gained a gauge on the unit. This was one of the main reasons I chose it over the BST where you have to trust the cutout works accurately.
Old 04 August 2011, 13:06   #5

Well, just tried it - connected up to car battery, and it inflated quite quickly, annoyingly it doesnt come with an adapter to lock into the valve so I have to hold it in place - but hopefully the one from my other pump will fit.

Overall quite happy now

Did your BTP come in a box? mine just came in the bag.. which was shipping in a box from Marine Megastore
Old 04 August 2011, 13:21   #6

Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude 15 hp -78
My BST came in a brown box, the same that the store got it in. I wondered about that one too, and it's even cheaper than the BST. But I turned it down as I couldn't even find it on Bravo's italian homepage :o
Old 04 August 2011, 13:23   #7

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Mine came in the carry bag ready to use with the instructions in one of the compartments. There was no Bravo branded box as such... just the plain outer shipping carton.

Just having a late lunch then I'll give it a go on the Zodiac... my valves are all push-in so I expect the hose end will just push in the existing Zodiac adaptor.

My only slight concern with the BTP as I mentioned in another thread was the info that seemed to say the BST had brass pump gears and this one might not. I'm not taking it apart to find out but it seems very heavy. Anyway they have a two year warranty so I'm quite confident it's a decent unit.
Old 04 August 2011, 13:33   #8

Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude 15 hp -78
Yes that's exactly how mine came too. Just the snug fit brown cardboard box. I even saw the store clerk load it of the big pallet outdoors so I'm pretty confident it's not their own work to rearrange it Perhaps on wholesale level in that case, but I just don't think they deliver in photo cases anymore.

How is it to handle compared to the BST? I like the format of the BST, it's a pretty comfortable bag to carry.