Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 09 August 2014, 17:34   #51
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: south west
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 85
was on the slip at 5am this morning had the whole of the river to my self and milpond conditions slack tide so launched started first pull ticked over a little high so had 10 checking and adjusting on the slip then a 1 mile run up river at 1/4 throttle she pured perfect then the 1 mile back on full wot i we done 1/2 a mile and the coolant stoped so whiped out the thermostat to find it totaly full of salt lumps and in a bad state so removed and off again re done this run again and not a missed beat all the way round and plenty of coolant exiting

so off we go ile be ordering up a new fuel diaphram [for the sake of it ] and replacement thermostat
thanks for all your help bartiny and transporter man
__________________

__________________
stigoftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2014, 17:52   #52
RIBnet supporter
 
bartiny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 451
so off we go ile be ordering up a new fuel diaphram [for the sake of it ] and replacement thermostat
thanks for all your help bartiny and transporter man[/QUOTE]

Thanks, You are welcome,
I would not be too hasty about ordering a new thermostat try it in some hot water first, if it opens then leave it, they are pricey.

The fuel pump diagphram is a different matter good to carry as a spare if not needed.

Sounds like you have cracked the missfire then, good one.

Good luck
__________________

__________________
bartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2014, 18:50   #53
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: south west
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
I would not be too hasty about ordering a new thermostat try it in some hot water first, if it opens then leave it, they are pricey.

The fuel pump diagphram is a different matter good to carry as a spare if not needed.

Sounds like you have cracked the missfire then, good one.

Good luck
the thermostat is knackerd but if they are too much i wont bother replacing my mariner 15 hasnt had one in it for over 7 years and never given any trouble also done the same with another yamaha 20 before but would like to replace if i could find a cheap enough one

i have never had a fuel diaphram go on a outboard but always like to replace them just on the side of caution
the final adjustments on the slip sorted the last of the faults on the missfire side it was a pain the but well worth it and i even learnt something in the process
__________________
stigoftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2014, 02:46   #54
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,239
RIBase
You really should replace the stat, your engine and oil is designed to run at a certain temperature.

If you are too tight to buy one then you can send me your old one and il see if I have one to match it. I replace the stats as soon as I buy an engine but I keep the old ones if they still work. A used stat is better than no stat.
__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2014, 06:50   #55
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: south west
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1an View Post
You really should replace the stat, your engine and oil is designed to run at a certain temperature.

If you are too tight to buy one then you can send me your old one and il see if I have one to match it. I replace the stats as soon as I buy an engine but I keep the old ones if they still work. A used stat is better than no stat.
ime not too tight to buy one but when you get a price of over 70 for one then i refuse to pay over inflated prices and will just wait till i get a more realistic price when the engine will run perfect without it
although if you have one going at a reasonable price ide be more than happy to buy it off you
__________________
stigoftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2014, 07:16   #56
RIBnet supporter
 
bartiny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigoftd View Post
ime not too tight to buy one but when you get a price of over 70 for one then i refuse to pay over inflated prices and will just wait till i get a more realistic price when the engine will run perfect without it
although if you have one going at a reasonable price ide be more than happy to buy it off you
This is the cheapest one I can find in the uk, still pricey for what it is, I think its the right one.

YAMAHA OUTBOARD MOTOR 25HP - THERMOSTAT - 6H7-12411-01 | eBay
HTH
__________________
bartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2014, 14:52   #57
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,239
RIBase
Yam stats fit a multitude of HPs.

I might have one to match but I wouldn't know unless I had yours in my hand.

Don't want anything for it, I'm Scottish not a Yorkshireman.
__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2014, 18:19   #58
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: south west
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1an View Post
Yam stats fit a multitude of HPs.

I might have one to match but I wouldn't know unless I had yours in my hand.

Don't want anything for it, I'm Scottish not a Yorkshireman.
ile re find the old one but know the top plate has corroded off - well it fell off when i took it out
__________________
stigoftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2014, 00:52   #59
Member
 
HughN's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Littlehampton, W Sx
Length: no boat
MMSI: 235101591
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1an View Post
I might have one to match but I wouldn't know unless I had yours in my hand.
__________________
"Can ye model it? For if ye can, ye understand it, and if ye canna, ye dinna!" - Lord kelvin
HughN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2014, 03:11   #60
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,239
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughN View Post
But I suspect mine will be a good bit bigger
__________________

__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.