Originally Posted by Oldestgoalie
Hi Mike I'm a new member I have a question if you don't mind.
I have a selva Antibes 35 hp it started today and has since refused to start. It just dies I had it serviced over a year ago and due to illness this is me just getting ready to use my boat. It started and ran every other day as I was just letting it tick over for a few minutes each time But today it kept on dying on me and now it won't start at all
I am a novice so your help will be much appreciated
Bill, Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately Mike G has not been around for a couple of years (this thread is from 2005!).
I'd suggest a new thread in the "Engines" section might get a better response. But its useful if you can give people some more information about what you have already tried:
- Is the fuel fresh? And was fuel left in the carbs?
- Is the kill cord definitely attached properly?
- Are you starting from battery or pull cord (is the battery and all connections good)?
- Is fuel getting to the cylinders/plugs?
- Is it giving a spark at (all?) the plugs?
- What are you doing with throttle and choke to start it? [if its electronic choke does it actually work at the carb?]
- What does "kept on dying on me" mean? It started and then cut out? - were you doing anything like putting it in gear or trying to rev it?
- Are you running on muffs or in a bucket?