Old 25 May 2007, 08:57   #1

Town: Crawley
Make: Ribeye / Typhoon
Length: 5m / 2.4m
Engine: Yamaha 80 four stroke
Fuel Problem

I have a Yamaha F80 fitted to my ribeye. Went to start it up and it would not fire at all. I have traced the problem to the fuel as no fuel is getting through from the external filter to the engine.

I can get the fuel as far as the input on the filter but no further.

I dont know much about the filters which are fitted but wondered if it easy to take apart as I assume there is a blockage inside.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated as the boat is up for sale and I need to get it running asap.

Thanks
Peter
Old 26 May 2007, 10:07   #2

Town: boston
Boat name: Miss bad 61
Make: Crapko, AKA Mako
Length: 5m +
Engine: OMC Mod50
got a shot of the filter?
Old 29 May 2007, 12:49   #3

Town: Valencia
Length: no boat
Hi Peter, I have a 2006 Playtime 500 plus Yamaha 80 & on its first service last week the engineer advised me to get a new primer bulb. Seemed ok to me but I did have to give it a squeeze or 3 to get going, I thought this was the norm. I will email Ribeye as it seems a bad batch was fitted.

Anyway, I just bought one - only 7e & 2 mins to fit. Failing that it could be a dirty fuel filter, this was replaced too & cost 40e. Apart from these 2 bits & perhaps a snagged fuel line (have a look at the closed section behind the transom by removing seat backs & panel) then there isnīt much else to do.

I am keeping the old primer as a spare for my aux tank (bought some more fuel line so I can attach up the aux tank in case I run low or have a main tank feed problem).

Hope it helps, anything else just email or post here.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 29 May 2007, 12:55   #4

Town: Valencia
Length: no boat
sorry I just reread your post.

The filter element is disposable, the bottom water separator bit is reusable so if the replaced primer bulb (cheapest option) does not fix it, then buy a replacement filter.

I would have thought you coud clean the filter as it looks quite robust, you could try a swill out with clean fuel. At 40e a go it gave me q a shock, that wasnīt even a Yamaha branded one either.

Hope it helps.