Old 19 April 2006, 17:24   #11
Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat

What I meant was that someone looking at it after the event couldn't necessarily always tell the shysters from the unlucky in order to take punitive action. In other words there's a difference betweem making some poor/misguided decisions and deliberately lining up a re-start.

You've actually reinforced my point - your father was fortunate enough to have someone who recognised the problems and did something about it. There's lots of businesses where through circumstances, ability, organisation or whatever that doesn't happen and the thing goes down the tubes. That's what I mean about someone having a genuine problem.

Take Mr Brown's recent withdrawal of the Home Computer Initiative. Quite a few firms making a big proportion of sales tied up with the scheme. Gone overnight - who's fault is that when the companies go pop?

Tel 01395 227727
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 13:01   #12
Town: York
Boat name: Hi Flyer
Make: Humber - Ocean Pro
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
MMSI: 235033234
Fair enough Mike,

As for Brown, you don't want to get me started on what he has done to damage our economy (along with Blair). Enough or JK will have my guts for garters.

Jeff Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 13:22   #13
Town: Berkshire and Devon
Make: Lodestar
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 5hp
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy
Planning on approaching their clients for the work direct, as we printed the work for the agency, so still have the artwork etc. Plus can beat their prices as they put on a surcharge.
Cool, work clever! Good luck with it

Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote