Originally Posted by John Kennett
1. View from back of our office.... the pedestrian subway is submerged by about 6' of water which is pouring down from the road and the paths. There's quite a current running!
2. In the centre of the picture, the small ford makes a strange and foolish decision to take the submerged road! On the far right of the picture, just disappearing of is a silver van which went through the flood earlier, stopped with the bonnet up. Will they ever learn?
3. The car is only just visible under the bridge. A fireman is there by the drivers door (but the picture isn't good enough to see him).
4. Time to evacuate the building as the flood has burst through to our car park and turned it into a paddling pool. Took my shoes and socks off and rolled my trousers up to paddle to the car.
5. After four diversions like this one, I abandoned the car on a small hill and walked the last mile home.