Old 03 January 2014, 17:56   #11
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Used to have sky! Got rid of them Christmas 2012 after being with them for 15 years. The best way of dealing with them is to threaten to cancel your subscription with them. Worked every time I wanted something from them!

'Hello, there is something wrong with my picture'

'We'll send an engineer around, it'll cost you 70 call out!'

'What! Forget it mate! Cancel my subscription, I've payed you thousands over the years.'

'Oh don't be too hasty sir, my manager said we'll send an engineer right around foc'

I got two lots of brand new equipment over the years from them this way until I left them.

BTW my satellite packed up the weekend before christmas. I've got the dish plugged direct to my TV. I dug out my old sky box to diagnose the problem, would suggest my lnb is faulty. Possibly water ingress from that first storm that hit us. New one from eBay is about 7 delivered. Should receiveit any day.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2014, 03:44   #12
Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
Ditched sky about 18 months ago after the usual free everything for six months, I'd been with them about 6 years!
Living in a valley we can't get anything but satellite TV so I kept the sky+ box and just watch their freeview.

On the upside telling them there was nothing to watch with their " full package" must have really upset them as they've not contacted me since!!!

paddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2014, 04:39   #13
Length: no boat
Terrible admission - we have had SKY recently put in, it works well and rather enjoy it. This may have something to do with living on a boat in banana states for many years with limited TV. So my only excuse is that when we came back to the UK we were deprived in certain areas, (including Tesco and cream cakes!) 10 years of Caribbean and S American TV should cure you of your problem.

indaba1991 is offline   Reply With Quote