Old 10 February 2006, 09:44   #1

Town: Edenbridge
Boat name: Scorpion
Make: Scorpion 8.5mtr
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315hp Yanmar Diesel
Dartmouth 2006 16th - 19th June

Hi All

As some of you may know I have taken oer as the new cruise cordinator for BIBOA, so far we have around 15 events on the calendar. Looks like a busy season for the club and hopefully if all goes well we will have a few more events. The new edition of Riblines will be with you soon so look out for the 2006 calendar and start booking your time off work.

Last year I ran a event to Dartmouth and I have been asked to do the same this year, So for anyone who is interested the event will run from Yarmouth on the 16th June to Dartmouth, I will arrange all the moorings and accomodation for people so please let me know if you are interested and how many people will be in your party so I can book you in. The event will go from the 16th to the 19th June and whilst we are in the area we will visit Salcombe, Torquay, Brixham etc. This is a great event and would be good for any new comers who may not have taken part in a crusie before. So far we have a range of boats from 6 to 10 metres.

If you would like to register for this event please email me at julianlyas@hotmail.com or call me on 07837650180.

Hope to see you soon

Julian
Old 10 February 2006, 12:48   #2

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
If we're not racing and I can be of any help get in touch ......... hope to see lots of people when you get down here!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2006, 13:30   #3

Dartmouth 2006

Hi Cookie

Thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on that, Be good to meet up with you if your around etc. I was going to book a meal in the Yacht club for everyone on the Saturday night, Have you ever eaten there and is it any good or is there another place you would reccomend, I was looking at the Angel but its quite expensive and some people may not fancy it etc.

Thanks

Julian
Old 10 February 2006, 16:48   #4

Town: Bembridge
Boat name: Mellow Yellow
Make: Scorpion Pioneer
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards Twin 250's
MMSI: 235024352
Dartmouth Cruise

Dear Julian We will start the ball rolling!! so you can put us down for the cruise. Numbers and sex to follow. All the best Martin & Stephanie
Old 10 February 2006, 17:52   #5

Town: Torquay UK
Boat name: Casper
Make: Sweden Yacht
Engine: Volvo 28
Mmmm, interested,, away over france for 2 weeks beforehand with the Sweden, planing on being back for the monday, would love to meet up,and free that weekend so far !!
Old 10 February 2006, 18:51   #6

Town: Calshot
Boat name: Swan Song
Make: LM 27
Engine: Bukh 20
MMSI: ?
When would you need final confirmation of going?It's so far away we're not sure of movements yet but would love to go.Do you have to be a biboa member to take part?
Old 11 February 2006, 10:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
Hi Cookie

Thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on that, Be good to meet up with you if your around etc. I was going to book a meal in the Yacht club for everyone on the Saturday night, Have you ever eaten there and is it any good or is there another place you would reccomend, I was looking at the Angel but its quite expensive and some people may not fancy it etc.

Thanks

Julian
Hi Julian,

Havn't eaten there I'm afraid, I'll have a think and let you know - a budget and rough numbers would be helpfull - I assume you don't want to go with ethnic food?

There is always the Castle, very good food but not cheap - book a table upstairs in the restaurant and you overlook the harbour - the other option that could be fun is the floating restaurant, I think it's the Res Nova or something like that? Havn't eaten there either, but they operate a taxi service if no-one wants to drive!
Old 11 February 2006, 11:06   #8

Town: Torquay UK
Boat name: Casper
Make: Sweden Yacht
Engine: Volvo 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Hi Julian,
There is always the Castle, very good food but not cheap - book a table upstairs in the restaurant and you overlook the harbour - the other option that could be fun is the floating restaurant, I think it's the Res Nova or something like that? Havn't eaten there either, but they operate a taxi service if no-one wants to drive!
Eaten at the Res Nova, Ok ish,, all fishy only mind !! Castle is good !! and the Station on the embankment is good valve for money !! forget the Angle, unless your paying !!, too dear for what you get in my mind,and still feel hungry when you leave !!
Old 11 February 2006, 11:25   #9

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
new chef / cook at the yacht club used to work at the george and dragon where cookee has eaten good basic pub chef in my opinion .the yacht club are also trying to increase the meal side of things .hopefully i may be about that weekend if my daughter is not rowing
Old 11 February 2006, 13:45   #10

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Humphray
Numbers and sex to follow.
Julian has only agreed to organise a cruise and nothing else, mind you with a few beers inside him...

Cheers

Mark
Old 11 February 2006, 18:36   #11

Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
kendricks is a good place also in dartmouth dont know how many they can seat though
Old 12 February 2006, 11:21   #12

Dartmouth 2006

Thanks everyone for your replies and help, I have asked a few estaurants to send me the menu and prices etc, Had a few phone calls yesterday about the event and looks like we will have over 20 people so far. I have also asked about accomodation and mooring fees so once I get all the info back I will be able to let you know how much it will all be.

Dino - If you can let me know numbers over the next month that would be great, The events in June but allways best to get it all booked now and yes you do need to be member of BIBOA.

Ill keep you all up to date with things and thanks for the interest so far.

Any questions email or call me on 07837 650180

Julian Lyas
Old 13 February 2006, 12:06   #13

Length: 6m +
Dartmouth

I can supply trailer storage if required for anyone who is coming down by road, the Res Nova (in the middle of the river)http://www.res-nova.co.uk/index.html is closed at the mo and has been since 2004 but it looks as though it'll be opening up this summer.
I reckon the best bet is going to be the castle, consistent and good beer too, they'll reserve a table in the Galleon bar if you ask nicely, if yu want me to pursue i will.
Old 15 February 2006, 12:21   #14

Town: Lymington
Boat name: Myles Aweigh
Make: Scorpion
Engine: Inboard Diesal
MMSI: 235018948
Us too please

Hi Juliem

I have emailed you but we'd like to join the trip. Two of us at mo.

Rosie and Iain
Old 15 February 2006, 13:28   #15

Town: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Boat name: Ocean Devil
Make: Scorpion
Engine: 300+ Yanmar Inboard
MMSI: 2350400611
Jon Adlard

Hi Julien
Put me down with a couple of crew, after that brilliant trip last year I can't refuse.
Cheers
Jon
Old 17 February 2006, 07:42   #16

Dartmouth 2006

Thanks for all your replies and offers of help guys, So far we have 23 people going so its looking good.

Jon lets hope the weather is as good as last year, apart from the way home that is.

I'll give you all a update next week regarding accomodation and which restaurant we are going to etc.

If any one else would like to join us please let me know over the next few weeks so I can give numbers to marina and restaurants etc.

Thanks

Julian
Old 17 February 2006, 08:49   #17

Sadly we'll be in North Wales for the weekend - shame, but blame the RYA!
Old 08 March 2006, 12:04   #18

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Will be coming up the coast the other way from the Cornwall to spend the weekend in Dartmouth sometime this summer - might just make it that weekend and say hello - I'm not a member of BIBOA though - what does it cost to join and what exactly does member ship provide. Just been looking at the BIBOA website. The 2006 cruising calendar is empty and the site is riddled with broken links and 404 page not found errors.

Sure hope your cruise organising is better then the website
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 March 2006, 12:33   #19

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
I'm not a member of BIBOA though - what does it cost to join and what exactly does member ship provide. Just been looking at the BIBOA website. The 2006 cruising calendar is empty and the site is riddled with broken links and 404 page not found errors.

Sure hope your cruise organising is better then the website
Hi Roy.

www.biboa.com is the home of the new BIBOA website which is still in the process of being written (by my other half - Richard B) hence the broken links etc! We've been a bit busy lately but I'll start cracking the whip again!

In the meantime, the old site at www.biboatheribclub.co.uk can provide you with details of how to join, how much it costs and membership benefits.

The 2006 cruising calendar should be available on www.biboa.com very soon but in the meantime, to whet your appetite...
  • We have 16 cruises planned for 2006
  • UK destinations include: Solent, East Coast (Levington etc), Dartmouth, Alderney, Isle of Wight, Weymouth, Jersey, Poole, Fowey
  • European destinations include: Rouen, Holland, Deauville, Corsica, Cherbourg
  • Also, BIBOA governs UK RIB racing and many BIBOA members attend race meetings to act as safety cover or just spectate
  • Races are scheduled to take place in: Allhallows, Guernsey, Poole, Zeebrugge, Pwllheli, Ramsgate, South of France, Littlehampton, Cowes, Egypt, Torquay, Rotterdam
  • In addition, BIBOA organises social get togethers

Of course the list may be expanded as the year goes on and BIBOA encourages members to organise cruises together, either informally or formally, especially to fill geographical 'gaps'.

In the meantime, if you would like any more information, please don't hesitate to post here or PM me.

HTH and hope to see you at some events!

P.S. BIBOA will have a stand again at RIBEX this year so if you still haven't decided whether to join, come and chat to one of us!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 March 2006, 12:50   #20

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Thanks for the info.

Ill let you off about the website then

Only problem for me is that it all seems a bit solent orientated and most of your cruises and social events I guess would originate from there so not sure I would benefit much from membership.

Ill be happy to meet up with you guys when your in dartmouth and again when your down in fowey. I presume I don't need to be a member to say hello

I did come looking for you all last year in plymouth in my little humber 4.2 on the weekend of the off shore powerboat racing but never did find you.

Anyway - I will be in Solent / IOW for the whole of the RIBEX weekend with my boat so no doubt will meet up with you all then.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote