Its currently 26-37mph winds opposite Anglesey towards Ireland. Thats Force 7 ish.
Been looking at it for the last two hours and personally IMHO the lowish winds forecast for tomorrow and sunday are isolated for the area of the Irish sea where we intend to cross.
At lunch and early pm they are 14-15mph, a force 4. However should the fronts move at all, we would get the much more extreme weather/winds that are to the west coast of Ireland and to the South by Pembrokeshire. The winds in these parts of the weather system are up to Force 6-7, which in a 6m boat 30 miles offshore, is not a good combination. There's nowhere to hide out there.
Sunday there doesnt look much to the south, but its still there to the west loitering.
Either way, the weather is likely to be wet and pretty bleak. I have a gut feeling telling me not to go. The only part of me saying go is that which says I am letting you down and missing out.
Ive been caught though before, twice in the last decade, and it isn't a nice feeling wondering whether you will get back. It may be nice, but I can't justify it.
We have however got plenty more chances to do the run in weekends ahead, ideally when there is a high over the B Isles with little or no chance of big seas. Playing in big seas near port can be fun, but not when you have 30 miles to go and you are down to displacement speed.
Let me know what I owe you for the room. I will of course reimburse you.