RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Caernarfon to Dun Laoghaire 7th July 2012 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/caernarfon-to-dun-laoghaire-7th-july-2012-a-44202.html)

tony t 23 September 2011 21:23

Caernarfon to Dun Laoghaire 7th July 2012
 
Anyone up for a trip from Caernarfon to Wicklow in Ireland, no specific date just be ready to go at the 1st decent weekend in July either a day trip or stay over and back on the sunday morning.
I'm sure HUMBER P4AWL and a few more North Wales ribsters will be up for this :thumbs:

hadd 23 September 2011 21:51

I'll be up for this one tony it would be better to stay over thought & come back sunday :thumbs:

Razorbill RIBs 24 September 2011 08:20

If you /any of you fancy doing a crossing from lower down Cardigan Bay (as quick as you like) to Rosslaire (with a slow /support boat duty return)......all fuel and board paid for, assisting rowing crews raising money for charity.......

I posted up a thread previously re 'The Celtic Challenge'.....but am having a moment and can't seem to attach a linky :confused:

Anyhoo, sorry to hijack, just in case it was of interest (I have no affiliation or interest with the challenge etc) :thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 24 September 2011 15:11

Yep, certainly keen to try and organise.

Dan, https://www.rib.net/forum/f19/celtic-...2-a-44123.html

tony t 24 September 2011 15:41

ribcraft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hadd (Post 422536)
I'll be up for this one tony it would be better to stay over thought & come back sunday :thumbs:

Be good with your new boat mate :thumbs:

hadd 24 September 2011 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 422589)
Be good with your new boat mate :thumbs:

Can,t wait to get it on the water now :D:D:D

Chris Caton 25 September 2011 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 422527)
Anyone up for a trip from Caernarfon to Wicklow in Ireland, no specific date just be ready to go at the 1st decent weekend in July either a day trip or stay over and back on the sunday morning.
I'm sure HUMBER P4AWL and a few more North Wales ribsters will be up for this :thumbs:

sounds good to me, should be able to sort some crew with this much notice, I'll see if Jeff can get some time off for bad behaviour :lol:

Pikey Dave 25 September 2011 16:46

We'd be up for this, all things being equal, somebody's got to look after Hadd:D

hadd 25 September 2011 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikey Dave (Post 422671)
We'd be up for this, all things being equal, somebody's got to look after Hadd:D

Ha Ha, i will leave you standing this time with "Mr jingles" :lol:

tony t 25 September 2011 21:11

This is a long way off but something to look forward to and :V over
After a :V with HP we think it may be better to do a day trip mainly because if we get a decent turnout it may be difficult to arrange accommodation for everyone. This can change depending on numbers and the general census of those that are taking part, its better if those that are serious starters post their views and what they would like to do

So the plan so far is 1st decent saturday in July ideally with early morning high tide set off from Ty Calch to arrive in Wicklow round about 11.30 12.00 have a few good hours there have lunch then back to Ty Calch early evening.We will do a little research ref,fuel,lunch etc in Wicklow and post over the next few months.
This will be a cruise not a race we leave together, arrive together,if the weather is good it should be a great day out
We plan to do a short trip on the Sunday for lunch and a few :cheers:on Anglesey if the Wicklow cruise is a 1 day trip

So far then its

tony t +2 crew
Humber P4vwl
Hadd
Chris Caton + Jeff
Pikey Dave (kerny as told me much about you :D welcome mate)

neil.mccrirrick 26 September 2011 12:19

Hi Tony and all

Count us in, be rude not to :)

Neil and Amanda

tony t 26 September 2011 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick (Post 422812)
Hi Tony and all

Count us in, be rude not to :)

Neil and Amanda

great mate :thumbs:

Chris Caton 26 September 2011 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 422732)
This is a long way off but something to look forward to and :V over
After a :V with HP we think it may be better to do a day trip mainly because if we get a decent turnout it may be difficult to arrange accommodation for everyone. This can change depending on numbers and the general census of those that are taking part, its better if those that are serious starters post their views and what they would like to do

So the plan so far is 1st decent saturday in July ideally with early morning high tide set off from Ty Calch to arrive in Wicklow round about 11.30 12.00 have a few good hours there have lunch then back to Ty Calch early evening.We will do a little research ref,fuel,lunch etc in Wicklow and post over the next few months.
This will be a cruise not a race we leave together, arrive together,if the weather is good it should be a great day out
We plan to do a short trip on the Sunday for lunch and a few :cheers:on Anglesey if the Wicklow cruise is a 1 day trip

So far then its

tony t +2 crew
Humber P4vwl
Hadd
Chris Caton + Jeff
Pikey Dave (kerny as told me much about you :D welcome mate)

a day trip makes sense to me, all we need now is some good weather!!

rocknrolla 26 September 2011 17:29

i dnt mind abit of the black stuff myself cnt me in:thumbs:

tony t 26 September 2011 19:21

Good pub in Wicklow for lunch right on the river :thumbs: google the Bridge Tavern bridge street Wicklow

Looks like a gathering of the usual suspects :thumbs:

So far then its

tony t +2 crew
Humber P4vwl
Hadd
Chris Caton + Jeff
Pikey Dave
Neil Mccrirrick
Rocknrolla

hadd 26 September 2011 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 422872)
Good pub in Wicklow for lunch right on the river :thumbs: google the Bridge Tavern bridge street Wicklow

Looks like a gathering of the usual suspects :thumbs:

So far then its

tony t +2 crew
Humber P4vwl
Hadd
Chris Caton + Jeff
Pikey Dave
Neil Mccrirrick
Rocknrolla

Looks a great pub plenty room for mooring as well :thumbs:

Pikey Dave 26 September 2011 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 422732)
This is a long way off but something to look forward to and :V over
After a :V with HP we think it may be better to do a day trip mainly because if we get a decent turnout it may be difficult to arrange accommodation for everyone. This can change depending on numbers and the general census of those that are taking part, its better if those that are serious starters post their views and what they would like to do

So the plan so far is 1st decent saturday in July ideally with early morning high tide set off from Ty Calch to arrive in Wicklow round about 11.30 12.00 have a few good hours there have lunch then back to Ty Calch early evening.We will do a little research ref,fuel,lunch etc in Wicklow and post over the next few months.
This will be a cruise not a race we leave together, arrive together,if the weather is good it should be a great day out
We plan to do a short trip on the Sunday for lunch and a few :cheers:on Anglesey if the Wicklow cruise is a 1 day trip

So far then its

tony t +2 crew
Humber P4vwl
Hadd
Chris Caton + Jeff
Pikey Dave (kerny as told me much about you :D welcome mate)

personally I'd like to stay over in Wicklow & have a few beers & a meal on the Saturday night with a steady run back on the Sunday. Might make for a more relaxed affair rather than, 150mile drive down to TyCalch on Sat am, launch, 65nm cruise, quick look around, lunch, 65miles back, recover boats..phew:willk:

tony t 26 September 2011 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikey Dave (Post 422889)
personally I'd like to stay over in Wicklow & have a few beers & a meal on the Saturday night with a steady run back on the Sunday. Might make for a more relaxed affair rather than, 150mile drive down to TyCalch on Sat am, launch, 65nm cruise, quick look around, lunch, 65miles back, recover boats..phew:willk:

Im sure this could be an option for those that want to stay over the Bridge Tavern is also a B&B with entertainment on sat nights i will find out rates and get as much info as possible nearer the time

Pikey Dave 26 September 2011 21:15

1 Attachment(s)
Sat 14th, 21st & 28th look best for morning high tides

HUMBER P4VWL 27 September 2011 07:13

I'm glad TT is doing the whole:

Me
You
Them
Etc

:thumbs:

Anyways, I would love to stopover, however the potential for a weather window closing on us overnight is way too high. The consequential costs of shipping/towing the back is not even thinkable. The alternative of waiting it out is also not an option for me as I'm employed. Even if i took a week off to "wait it out", the better half would shoot me for "wasting" time and money drinking guiness until the weather got a little better. V. jealous of those that can.

I don't see it as a problem, we can all cross as one, in as much as we ensure no one is left alone, then some return one day, the others next. Cosidering the way boats run, unless it is like a mill pond that day, after running to morfa nefyn, people will run at different speeds due to boat size and sea state. It is probably best on the day to run in pairs of similar size. A) you will be happy to do the same speed in the sea state, but B) You know someone can tow you if needed!!! :thumbs:

If we had to tow, the tower can always use the fuel from the towed to make sure they both get there! Just got to pray there's no water in the broken down boats fuel! :eek:


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.