Old 14 May 2011, 10:14   #1

Boat name: llyn raider
Make: xs
Length: 7m +
Engine: 1 200hp merc
Zapcat with a console

Hi guys, my parents have a yacht that currently has an avon 368 (ish) jet rib, they are looking for something else as a tender (this is a periodic rush of blood to my dads head) so every 3/5 months i end up trapsing round looking for a replacment, they like the jet rib but want a bit more space+something lighter that with wheels can be moved up and down the beach. (dad is not a small person) now a zapcat would be ideal (hence previous periodic posts about a zapcat) BUT they will not be hooking themselves into the foot straps sitting in the boat and gunning it over waves, soo i found this link history that describes them with consoles. this seems ideal as they get the speed and power in the flat water with real exporation possibilities, power for the kids etc to go play but apparantly they dont make it any more. any ideas on how it was fitted in/how to fit a console into one? I have seen zapcats before but not in enough detail to have a real idea of how to acomplish this.
Old 16 May 2011, 11:41   #2

Town: Southampton
Make: avon adventure 4.5
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp e-tec
Hi,
Once again the austrialian thunder cat forum is your friend here. I found this thread a while ago and found it helpful. Center Console 4.1 Thundercat(WA Guys) - Thundercat Inflatables Forum

I'd really not let kids out to play on a zap cat on their own, if things went wrong they could do so very quickly. As a tender I'm sure they would work well, but do kick up a lot of spray and there's surprisingly little free deck space.

Have you considered a sib? Your needs would probably be well met by a bombard aerotec.
Old 16 May 2011, 12:37   #3

Boat name: llyn raider
Make: xs
Length: 7m +
Engine: 1 200hp merc
Hi yea we have looked at the aerotek and the needs are more based around the HP required to pull me and my dad on skis!!! and my dad wants a boat that can give a soft (its all relative) ride when just on the plane. Also their wont be any young people playing with it, the youngest possibly using it would be my cousin and she is 16 and more than capable/sensible (i.e knows her limits) the kids refrence was more in a supevised donut/wakeboarding sense! Many thanks for the link i am signing up now!