Old 16 February 2011, 19:49   #1

Town: Stockport
Boat name: Bumblebee
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Johnson 50hp
Virgin to RIB's.

Greetings all I have just upgraded from my Suzumar SIB to a Bombard 500 Explorer with a 50 hp 2 stroke 2003.

I am based in Stockport and I am open to help, assistance, advice, tips, and anything else that maybe of help in relation to places to launch within an hour or so of Stockport. I only used my SIB on holidays in Abersoch and North Berwick and would love to find somewhere closer where I take the family out for the day and get alot more use out of the RIB.

Thanks.

Jonny Mac
Old 17 February 2011, 05:18   #2

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Welcome, you have come to the right place I think.
Old 17 February 2011, 08:25   #3

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Hi,

Keep an eye on the cruise section, there's stuff going on all the time. E.g. trip to the Isdle of man, or if you have time for a longer tow, a meet at Easdale.

Alternatively, ou post an "I'm planning on launnching at <wherever>, anyone fancy a cruise to <somewhere else>?
Old 17 February 2011, 19:19   #4

Town: macclessfield
Boat name: Reach Out
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp Tohatsu EFI
I am in Woodford, and know off 2 good launch sites on the menai, one free and OK for smaller boats (not sure if your new one would be ok or not) and one that costs £12 ish (white cottage) , no paper work needed at either...

Not sure if you are samiliar with the menai, if not, I would be happy show you what I know on the water one day soon.

A calming day out is at Coniston, just turn up, pay your £5, and your on the lake. Parking easy, but costs £4 or so, no paper work needed... Speed limit in force, but still, a picknick and a young family may like it for a change.. (is's boring speed wise, but ok for a one off just to see the area and stop off on a 'beach' ..). My yam360 ali deck plains just over the speed limit, but did it some of the time.
Old 18 February 2011, 06:42   #5

Town: Stockport
Boat name: Bumblebee
Make: Bombard
Engine: Johnson 50hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsy View Post
I am in Woodford, and know off 2 good launch sites on the menai, one free and OK for smaller boats (not sure if your new one would be ok or not) and one that costs £12 ish (white cottage) , no paper work needed at either...

Not sure if you are samiliar with the menai, if not, I would be happy show you what I know on the water one day soon.

A calming day out is at Coniston, just turn up, pay your £5, and your on the lake. Parking easy, but costs £4 or so, no paper work needed... Speed limit in force, but still, a picknick and a young family may like it for a change.. (is's boring speed wise, but ok for a one off just to see the area and stop off on a 'beach' ..). My yam360 ali deck plains just over the speed limit, but did it some of the time.
Thanks for the advice, I may take you up on the Menai.