Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbypower
Alan, Kevin.
I don't know either of you, however I've followed you on this and can only say. WELCOME BACK!! great to "see" you online. Do take care & enjoy some quality time. I look forward to a) meeting you sometime and b) Your next challenge.

Kind regards

Brian
Brian there will probably be a gathering at some stage when the team have had time to gather their thoughts. We'd all like to meet you! We might even drag a few more jackeens over!!! And Wee Fi!!!

Us
Old 05 August 2004, 21:26   #182

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Jesus..........

.........Christ.
Old 05 August 2004, 21:46   #183

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens
There probably are fora (forums) if drink is becoming a big difficulty in your life Blug. That must be very hard. If you can't find one I'd be very happy to look one up for you. Please send me a pm if you need support.

Missus
Blug if that's the worst thing you've done when drinking i wouldn't worry about the coucillinng/ cowsillin/ councillin joining the AA to much, by the way are you related to anybody involved in MLM are you?
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 August 2004, 22:17   #184

Boat name: Blug IV
Make: Humber (Big)
Length: 10m +
Engine: Seagull X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Blug if that's the worst thing you've done when drinking i wouldn't worry about the coucillinng/ cowsillin/ councillin joining the AA to much, by the way are you related to anybody involved in MLM are you?

MLM?....My little monkey?

Not really sure .

Hugs and kisses,

Your dearest Blug
Old 06 August 2004, 09:15   #185

Town: Inverkip
Make: Redbay 11m Cabin
Engine: 2 x Yamaha422Sti 275
[QUOTE=Alan Priddy] To all from Alan & Eg

You are the people who have driven me on all of my life to do better things. without the negative comments I would not be half the person I am so keep them up. You can knock me down as many times as you like but if you never want me to get up again you will have to kill me.
There where only eight people who knew excactly what went on during the recovery, four of the helo crew and us four on board. If any of the knockers want the full details just ask, please do not assume you know.

Here Here
Old 06 August 2004, 09:18   #186

Town: London
Make: Larson
Length: 7m +
Engine: Volvo D4 260hp DP
Aging youth, Confusion reigns in all the publicity that has been in MBM and in the most recent All at Sea paper. You state that "This trip was privately funded by ourselves, and as far as I know there was no sponsorship", so why is Priddy giving an interview on P25 of All at Sea stating :-

"Last years crossing was sponsored by my local pub, the jolly sailor. This year I 'm being sponsored by a Newfoundland brewery, so we must be getting better at our record breaking. Moving up from a pub to the maker of the beer certainly feels like a step up the corporate ladder. Who knows, our next sponsor might be the Bank of England".

MBM states this month on P.4 that "boat sponsor Paul Webb" will also be on the transatlantic trip, so what nonsense are we being fed from the media. Before anyone say's it is non of our business, I would state that it is because it was put in the public forum through media interviews, and from all accounts, everything is untrue according to you. I don't want to spend money on a magazine to read 'tall stories', perhaps the media could print an apology then

It must be in the public interest to know as it is being fed out to the public through press releases and interviews. Perhaps someone would like to tell us, the public, what the truth is, or is it a matter of don't believe a word you read in the media. In which case doing interviews and getting attention is a pure waste of time, if everything reported is nonsense, IMHO of course. I would hate to have to disbelieve a word I ever read in these publications. I never brought up the question of sponsorship, it was fed to me by an article in a magazine I paid for. Seems strange the crew doesn't know what is going on and denies all knowledge.

So is it the Newfoundland brewery's money that has gone to the bottom of the sea this time? Best the Bank of England get the keys to the vault ready, they may need them sooner rather than later

Anyway, I am glad you are all back safe and sound. Anyone want to sponsor my boating, it's costing me £800 a month at the moment in petrol bombing around. I could do some kind of challenge like ten figure of eights without sinking, I have a good track record of NO sinkings at the moment, but it can still be dangerous if I turn too quick. I would agree to have an advertsing sticker on the boat Only required for the rest of this season as I am hoping that NASA and the CIA will sponsor me next year
Old 06 August 2004, 12:10   #187

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Right! Here goes again....

I own a RIB (Yes FGT I know there's a new cream the medics are experimenting with). Its a big fat RIB based on a layout and design far more suited to the commercial world than the "sports" world. It's reasonabley fast 'cause I stuck a honkin' great outboard on the back. It is not, and never will be a "performance boat". I know this and I accept this.
I am, in my ego-inflated opinion, a fairly well balanced individual with some little experience of life and death and places in-between. I am neither a saint nor a bigot. Yes, before anyone goes there, I have had the joke about being well balanced “means a chip on each shoulder”.
I laugh at jokes about Gays, Coloured people, Irish people, people with infirmities and all manner of toilet humour, but, as with most laughter, it’s because the jokes are not targeted at me. I have Irish friends, I have “Black” friends, I have a friend with a hugely unpleasant disability that will end her life sooner than should be so and two of the nicest men I know are a couple.
. I am neither brave nor a coward. Somethings frighten me and somethings that frighten other people don’t frighten me at all. I pretty much accept responsibilities for my own actions and live my life accordingly. Occasionally I go off the rails, but know when I’ve done that and generally regret it afterwards. Road rage anybody? I don’t have anything to prove to anyone in life, because I’m comfortable with whom I am.
Now, before you all get bored with my ranting, I’ll come to the point.
I’ve been carefully watching the “debate” over the sinking of “Spirit” and subsequent rescue of her crew and, with the exception of a gentle dig at people to remember, in their thoughts, all the other people in their lives that deserve respect, have neither criticised nor praised the people involved. The bottom line is that I don’t know these people, so how do I know whether they are brave, foolish, courageous or mad. I don’t know whether they were doing the trip for the good of others, payment or ego, so I cannot comment on their honour or motives.
I only tend to get genuinely passionate about a few things really. One is cruelty to other people or creatures that cannot defend themselves. Read into that what you will. It may be because I was bullied at school, it may just be a psychological imbalance. Who knows? Another is bigotry and intolerance.
So there I was, sitting on the fence as usual, minding my own business and just observing when I read the post by Ageing Youth. I quote “you are not worthy of sharing this gods earth!!!

So, Ageing Youth, who told you that your views and opinions were the right ones? Do you have a direct line to the God you speak of? I think not.

This post has nothing to do with your recent trip and rescue. I have no first hand knowledge of that, as I wrote earlier. This is aimed straight at you for making such an unbelievably arrogant and bigoted remark.

Now as I see it, there are four possible responses to this post that you can make.

1) Ignore it and me. Your choice and one that I respect.
2) Understand what I’m saying, and if you see my point retract your statement.
3) Argue with me that you are right, prove your point that other people are not as worthy as you and I will apologise to you publicly on these forums.
4) Launch into an attack on the thoughts and character of someone you know nothing about (me!) and thereby reinforce my opinion, formed of you, by the remark in question.

If there is a fifth way, I’ll be delighted to hear it.

This post is written for BOATMAD, hence the reference to “performance boat”, but I am posting it on RIBnet so that no one can accuse me of “hiding” on the dark side.

Oh and one more thing. I’m away boating for a fortnight from tonight, so please don’t think I’m ignoring any responses, just out of contact….

Cheers and health and happiness to all reasonable people out there, Jono
Old 06 August 2004, 12:34   #188

Now here was me, also.......

......sat on the fence (phil davies style) when along comes a chap who I don't really know who responds superbly with eloquence, consideration and without intolerance. well said that man.

p.s

If you know any jokes about a queer black cripple please share 'em

p.s.s I don't know why anyone would think you had a chip on your shoulder when of course, they're all on mine.
Old 06 August 2004, 12:46   #189

MeMe, that is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me Thanks
Old 06 August 2004, 12:59   #190

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
and two of the nicest men I know are a couple.
Right, that's it. Graeme, how many times have I told you not to fondle my bum when we're on the beach at Abersoch? I knew we'd get found out.
Old 06 August 2004, 13:10   #191

Oh Phil......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
I knew we'd get found out.
........what the hell, we love eachother and that's all that counts.
Old 06 August 2004, 13:43   #192

Boat name: Blug IV
Make: Humber (Big)
Engine: Seagull X 2
HURRAH!!!

Blug xxx
Old 06 August 2004, 15:11   #193

Boat name: Seascaper
Make: Hurricane 640
Length: 6.7
Engine: Volvo Penta AD31DP
Which crew members were asleep when all this happened,
Old 06 August 2004, 15:33   #194

The press said two were asleep so it must be wrong We will never know because we were not there The only other person/creature that may know is the Whale, as the Scottish press stated today that is what they hit, I bet that woke the Whale up though
Old 06 August 2004, 16:04   #195

Video footage of rescue

For video footage of rescue shot from the rescue helicopter follow the link below, INCLUDES dramatic video of helicopter landing on board the ship to refuel :-

Quicktime :-
http://scotlandtoday.scottishtv.co.u...rescue_56k.mov

Windows media and Real Player, see bottom right of link :-
http://scotlandtoday.scottishtv.co.u...4609&newsType=
Old 06 August 2004, 16:30   #196

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Guys, I heard the bad news this morning by text from Graham F.
I immediately called Graham to learn more of this tragedy but was most relieved and pleased to hear that you were all safe and on the way back home.
Kevin, I have tried to call you on your mobile but as there is no signal I gather you must have left it behind.

Andre
logging in from Gdynia Poland
Old 06 August 2004, 22:02   #197

Town: Devon, Alberta
Peteb, thanks for providing the video link.

Hi Andre! It's been a while.
Cheers,
Deana
Old 06 August 2004, 23:51   #198

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Four people on the 'Spirit of The Jolly Sailor' could sensibly mean two on watch and two resting (on the benches in the cabin). This would mean efficient use of energy. (It was hard with two ...staying awake most of four nights in a row.)

Once again four people set out on a journey, experienced one of the most serious possible situations at sea and are still trying to come to terms with it.
It could happen to any of us...whether on a lighthearted weekend cruise or a bigger venture.

We look forward to meeting with them soon to learn from them and to offer our support.

Us

Hi Deana

Missus
Old 07 August 2004, 00:16   #199

Town: Devon, Alberta
Hi Kathleen. I look forward to seeing some of your pics when you return from holiday.
Take care,
Deana
Old 07 August 2004, 02:37   #200

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Not sure
Make: ABC/Priddy
Engine: 2 x 500 FPT
"On the road again------"

Hi Deana
Using Alans site to say miss you , love you and will send pics after I get back to Newfoundland on Sunday.

To Kathleen and Fiona--you are two very special lovely Ladies--your hospitality and friendship is something that I will cherish forever--about the only thing I saved from the boat was one camera and Fi"s tape--will listen to it and have a few "cold ones " on Sunday--would be horoured to crew for you guys anytime--you both have what it takes.
Egbert Walters
Spirit 2004