Old 12 November 2021, 13:42   #21

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
Does this link work for you? Wonder if its a UK? France thing as they seem tow ork ok from here.

https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en...xoCxa8QAvD_BwE

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 17:45   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerat View Post
Does this link work for you? Wonder if its a UK? France thing as they seem tow ork ok from here.

https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en...xoCxa8QAvD_BwE
Thank you, it works for me.
Old 10 February 2022, 09:39   #23

Good morning,
Before retubing i’m looking for an alternative solution. Does any try to put flexible epoxy resin for pinhole leak or porous Hypalon ?
Old 10 February 2022, 09:51   #24

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabmay View Post
Good morning,
Before retubing i’m looking for an alternative solution. Does any try to put flexible epoxy resin for pinhole leak or porous Hypalon ?
If your tubes are knackered, they're knackered. I wouldn't start messing around trying to bodge a repair to what is a safety critical component of the boat.
Old 10 February 2022, 10:01   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
If your tubes are knackered, they're knackered. I wouldn't start messing around trying to bodge a repair to what is a safety critical component of the boat.
Ok thank you
Old 15 February 2022, 09:39   #26

Town: Brighton
Boat name: Solent 1
Make: Solent RIBs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Yet another soggy Solent deck! A very common issue. Solent didn’t produce RIBs for that long, so yours probably won’t be much older than 15 years or so, which isn’t that old for hypalon unless it’s had a very hard life. As per the above, well worth doing a proper leak test to see exactly where it’s coming from.
Hi Tim

We bought the moulds and tooling for Solent RIBS in March 2021 and have subsequently gone through the UKCA certification process and just lately re-launched the range.
Our boats have fully encapsulated marine plywood decks and plastic fuel tanks to eradicate the issues found with earlier models.
We also offer a 5 year superstructure warranty as standard.

Regards

John (Solent RIBs)
Old 15 February 2022, 10:50   #27

Town: Portree
Boat name: Tango 4
Make: Humber
Engine: Outboard
Bonjour/good morning

While on the subject of tube repairs and in particular one of the potential solutions raised by Xabmay, namely inner tubes, can I ask if anyone has had experience, good or bad of using inner tubes?

I realise that a proper retube is the best solution for worn tubes but I discovered after purchasing an old Humber Ocean Pro 6.3 (still a project and not been afloat yet) that oversized bladders had been fitted inside the tubes which have a large proprtion of heavy duty commercial style rubber straking on them. The remaining visible hypalon looks ok apart from a bit of age related wear. I'm not sure why bladders were fitted and it seems a waste to replace the existing tubes apart from the cost.

Some of the bladders had numerous pinhole punctures probably due to age, but the simplest solution would seem to be to replace the bladders although finding a supplier is a problem.
Any advice as always welcome and hope Xabmay also gets a satisfactory result.
Many thanks
Old 15 February 2022, 17:49   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solent Ribs View Post
Hi Tim

We bought the moulds and tooling for Solent RIBS in March 2021 and have subsequently gone through the UKCA certification process and just lately re-launched the range.
Our boats have fully encapsulated marine plywood decks and plastic fuel tanks to eradicate the issues found with earlier models.

Regards

John (Solent RIBs)
That’s very good ! I will rebuild my Solent like this. I can’t post photo, i have start the rebuild.
Old 15 February 2022, 17:52   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Rib View Post
Bonjour/good morning

While on the subject of tube repairs and in particular one of the potential solutions raised by Xabmay, namely inner tubes, can I ask if anyone has had experience, good or bad of using inner tubes?

I realise that a proper retube is the best solution for worn tubes but I discovered after purchasing an old Humber Ocean Pro 6.3 (still a project and not been afloat yet) that oversized bladders had been fitted inside the tubes which have a large proprtion of heavy duty commercial style rubber straking on them. The remaining visible hypalon looks ok apart from a bit of age related wear. I'm not sure why bladders were fitted and it seems a waste to replace the existing tubes apart from the cost.

Some of the bladders had numerous pinhole punctures probably due to age, but the simplest solution would seem to be to replace the bladders although finding a supplier is a problem.
Any advice as always welcome and hope Xabmay also gets a satisfactory result.
Many thanks

Hello,

I found a little boat (2,4m) with porous Hypalon. I will try Epoxy flex on a first part and repatch with new Hypalon on a second part
Old 15 February 2022, 18:10   #30

I go to management file and i can’t post photos : invalid file. I’m on iOS.
Old 16 February 2022, 12:00   #31

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solent Ribs View Post
Hi Tim

Regards

John (Solent RIBs)
Not all the earlier boats suffered rotten deck I aquired a 2010 5.4 about 2 years ago almost for free. The guy was so scared of all the horror stories that are touted about on here he assumed the boat would be a wreck. It had laid in a marina for 5 years & he'd not been near it the marina asked him to remove it as it had a tree growing from it. The deal was I collected the trailer & paperwork from his house paid him & then went on to collect the boat ( the trailer was worth the money I gave him) . I collected the boat full of water, pumped it out & drove it onto the trailer the sub floor was full of water but once drained the floor seemed solid, got it home cleaned it up serviced the engine & went boating that weekend with the family. Still got the boat today which goes well & looks well & is still absolutely solid in every area . Clearly all the solent ribs out there dont deserve the bashing they get if any boat was going to fail this was it but it hasn't
Good luck with the new venture

Sent from my SM-G950F using RIB Net mobile app

Tags
rib