Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	11246  
Old 08 April 2005, 17:20   #22

Town: Bristol
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 70
MMSI: 235057234
Nice boat, Iv'e always liked Ribcraft they are good seaworthy boats, Have you looked at the osprey range?.
Old 08 April 2005, 17:25   #23

Town: southampton
Yes had a look ,they look good , ill keep searching untill i find the right rib!
I think i might look for a second hand rib , perhaps a Ribeye , Scorpion, Ribtec. But still looking...

I want a nice toy but i dont wanna pay the price!
Old 08 April 2005, 17:37   #24

Town: Torbay
Boat name: Marlin
Make: PBS humber 5.5
Engine: 115 optimax!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100
Yes had a look ,they look good , ill keep searching untill i find the right rib!
I think i might look for a second hand rib , perhaps a Ribeye , Scorpion, Ribtec. But still looking...

I want a nice toy but i dont wanna pay the price!
if its any help, there is a place down here selling Ribtecs. I have no idea on price etc, but they have quite a few boats in stock. The company is called Gliddon Marine. I have heard a rumour that the boats are imported from holland, but not sure how reliable my source is......they advertise on boats&outboards i think.

also i suspect you will need to pay the price for a scorpion
Old 08 April 2005, 18:10   #25

Town: Colchester
Boat name: JRib
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HPDI YAM
MMSI: sometime soon
HI

I have got the ribeye comeing soon. so i will tell you how she go's.
Yer thay are all so right with the outher opps of rib to get but thay have not put in one of my fav and i think one of the best ribs about http://www.prosportribs.co.uk/ thay go like the dog's thay are so stabel etc etc. i love them.

Like your old boat very nice.
Old 08 April 2005, 18:46   #26

ribeye

hi , just enquired about a ribeye and apparently only 35 hours have been recorded of its use in 3 years . Spoke to the guy he say he got a yamaha and its got some sort of hour recorder . How true can these be ? Can they be messed with and changed ??
Old 08 April 2005, 18:52   #27

Hi

Well it is very hard to do if not inpos. if it has the yam digital hour meter it is impos you would hav to take it out and open it you to get to the memory and do it that way is its is impos. if its the anolog type i think that would be hard to do. but i would get some of the outher guy to tell you what thay think thay have a lot more info than i hav prob.
Old 08 April 2005, 19:03   #28

ok cheers , all looks good so far
Old 08 April 2005, 19:10   #29

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Engine: 140hp suzuki
hellob there mike...

hello, have you looked at humber? when i decided to change my boat, and strated looking aorund, there just didnt seem a better option for quality, hull design and price, my options were the medline 11 (good if you want luxury, but you sacrifice a little on the hull side of things, but excellent finnish), ribeye playtime, (pricey and simply not good enough), an avon 620, (excellent finnish, qualoty and looks, but more suited to lighter waters than true rough weather) and then there were xs ribs, coastline ribs, and other such smaller, relatively new companies, all of which when totalled up exactly what i wanted didnt end up as cheap as i had hoped, humber however have put a cracking package together, its gonna be a sweet boat, humber ocean pro 6.3, suzuki 140hp, leisure fitout, blue tubes white hull! seriously think you should have a look at humber, nice looking boats i think!
Old 08 April 2005, 19:19   #30

Mike i would be carefull with so few hours use not as bad as to many but could still cause problems, I bought a boston whaler dauntless a while back the engine was a 75 2 stroke mariner with very low usage and because it was used so little it caused lots of problems when i started using it, O.K it's a yammy and it probably will be o.k but a word of warning thats all.
Old 08 April 2005, 19:40   #31

yep i nearly bought the ocean pro 6.3 myself had a 150 v6 yammy all the kit and extras 2001 model as new 12k, only problem was it didn't fit in the garage or on the driveway for that matter so no go there what a b****rd.
Old 08 April 2005, 19:53   #32

humber

[QUOTE=jon123] hello, have you looked at humber?

Hi jon123 have u any pics yet would love to c. I have checked there web site but pics are not all that good.

Mike
Old 08 April 2005, 20:18   #33

Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIB BOI
HI

I have got the ribeye comeing soon. so i will tell you how she go's.
Yer thay are all so right with the outher opps of rib to get but thay have not put in one of my fav and i think one of the best ribs about http://www.prosportribs.co.uk/ thay go like the dog's thay are so stabel etc etc. i love them.

Like your old boat very nice.
I would describe them as a dog too, but not in the sense you used the word.
Prosports also lack quality of finish, lack customer service, although that may have been improved since we were buying.
Also they are only cheap if you dont pay the VAT, bring it back home, add the VAT and the price is comparable to most other rib manufacturas.

My opinion is you have to decide what the boat will be used for and choose your hull on that.
In our case - blatting around the solent, Waterskiing/wakeboarding. Especially around the solent you dont get much of a swell, its all chop and our boat is perfect for skimming across the chop at quite a lick. Being more or less a phantom hull it is very fast with the right engine.
On holiday in Padstow on the West coast, where you get big atlantic rollers instead of the chop the hull wasn't so perfect. It was still ok, but definatly more suited to sciming over the top of waves.

Its all down to trying out the different boats for yourself, and seeing which hulls and layouts you prefere.
Old 08 April 2005, 20:39   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons0
I would describe them as a dog too, but not in the sense you used the word.
Prosports also lack quality of finish, lack customer service, although that may have been improved since we were buying.
Also they are only cheap if you dont pay the VAT, bring it back home, add the VAT and the price is comparable to most other rib manufacturas.

My opinion is you have to decide what the boat will be used for and choose your hull on that.
In our case - blatting around the solent, Waterskiing/wakeboarding. Especially around the solent you dont get much of a swell, its all chop and our boat is perfect for skimming across the chop at quite a lick. Being more or less a phantom hull it is very fast with the right engine.
On holiday in Padstow on the West coast, where you get big atlantic rollers instead of the chop the hull wasn't so perfect. It was still ok, but definatly more suited to sciming over the top of waves.

Its all down to trying out the different boats for yourself, and seeing which hulls and layouts you prefere.

oo sorri to hear that. well i have been in a few. wich have all been good ride and o yer with the right moter thay do go.
Old 08 April 2005, 20:56   #35

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
well I find myself in agreement with Simmns O on this but make no mistake all SA ribs go well. The problems come with the build quality or lack of it. I've upset Ribeye and Falcon owners on this site by saying that the boats are built without much care!

Prosports are kinda Ok ribs but the quality of finish of the ones I have seen seems to be deteriorating recently! They seem to prefer using a self tapper for fittings where a bolt and nut would do nicely.

If you want good value in a rib theres plenty around and most have been recomended on this site but don't overlook Parker, Solent, hunmber or XS ribs

If you want spinethrilling performance exquisite style and good value(ish) then K4 or Phantom Evolution need to be looked at !

If you want the highest quality leisure ribs probably Ribcraft or Scorpion (these hold their value and quality for a long time so a secondhand option shouldn't be overlooked!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2005, 21:46   #36
RJH

Town: Southampton
Length: no boat
Hi,

I was down at Ocean Quay Ribs in Southampton (almost opp. footy ground) the other day where our Rib is and down on a pontoon was a guy with a 2/3 year old 6.5 m Ribeye which he is currently selling. Layout is 2 double jockeys and 3 man bench all behind the console with a single seat in front on console and bow cushion. From memory think he had a 150 hp Yam 4 stroke and he's looking for about £22k ish. Not sure if he's got a trailer or not. Coz we aren't looking to buy at the mo didn't ask too many detailed questions - just had a general chat about Ribbing and assoc. stuff. I'm sure if you took a trip down there and went onto the pontoons or even phoned Ben at Ocean Quay he might put you in touch with the guy - I'm pretty sure he said he'd bought it new from Ben.

We have a 6.5 m Ribtec which is very similar - fab boat! As we are in So'ton we may well see you on the water soon!

Good luck, Roger.
Old 08 April 2005, 22:34   #37

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Engine: 140hp suzuki
Mike, i dont have any pictures yet...

of the humber, it has not been completed, but as soon as i do i will post, however have a look at www.wavelengthtraining.com and go to photos, click on ribex, then look at the orange hulled boats at top, and the blue boat white hull, they are ocean pro 6.3's! and for the price i dont think theres a boat which compares with ability, quality etc. its for real ribbers, it will also come in at a far lower price than you received for the ribeye, which although it looks nice lacks in other areas, eg, sea keeping abilities, especially seeing as you pay a premium for the boat!
Old 08 April 2005, 23:24   #38

Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: XS-Ribs
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2 x 225hp Optimax
I'm biased but I love my XS-Rib and they ain't three bad for the money!

Give Laurence a ring at Barnet I'm sure he'd be willing to come to an arrangement on an XS or Tornado.
Old 09 April 2005, 07:33   #39

i always thought only ribcraft and ribeye , scorpion ... were good decent ribs but you have deffinetly changed my mind and we will look at a much wider range of ribs!
I will go to the boat show as well so i can do some test drinving ! cheers
Old 09 April 2005, 08:07   #40

Town: Dorchester, Dorset
Boat name: JedEye
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 250hpdi
Ribeye Owner....

Hello Hannah,

I have owned 2 Ribeye’s……

The first was a 5m Playtime (from new) the second, and current boat, is 7.5m sports (second user). I would not have bought the second if it wasn’t for the confidence that Ben from Ocean Quay RIBs has in the product.

I know John from Ribeye was going through a rough patch, but the overall experience from the Boat Show onwards was CRAP! I can only compare the experience to buying a tin of own-brand SPAM from ASDA. To me, this was a F*cking huge purchase, it was going to be over £25K, to them, it was obviously nothing, never mind trying to keep me with the brand.

So, I have no problem with the product, I have a problem with the After Sales Care from Ribeye.

My advice would be choose your dealer with great care, they are the people that will make or break your trust in the boat/product.

Speak to Ben at Ocean Quay Ribs :- 023 8023 5099 (Southampton) or
Tim at Bob Spalding Marine :- 01473 659674 (Ipswich)

I think I will be going to Yeovil for my next Rib.....RIBCRAFT

Austen…