Old 30 December 2002, 08:29   #41

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Not sure
Make: ABC/Priddy
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 500 FPT
Dirk

You clearly have none, or very little knowledge of what goes on in the "offshore adventure" world and until you do, it might be best if you stopped posting statements that only make the rest of the forum users aware of your antagonistic opinions about others.
Understand this......I DO NOT HAVE TO, OR TELL LIES ABOUT WHAT I HAVE DONE, OR INTEND TO DO! Alan P
Old 30 December 2002, 09:43   #42

Town: Bromley, Kent
Make: GS209
Length: 6.137
Engine: 4.3ltr 210hp Volvo Penta
Alan,

Chill out You have managed to persue a personal aim by getting sponsers / blagging the equipment e.t.c to do what you were aiming for, you also had the time and courage to do this. There are a lot of people out there who are jealous that you managed to do this.

You must remember however that there are numerous peope out there with the same if not beeter skills than you, who have not been fortunate enough or had the balls to go out there and do something about their dream. You must also remember that you have been priveleged to have succeeded, but that has been through support given by others (and your get up and go attitude), you would not have achieved anywhere as much as you have on your own, or even got it off the ground without sponsership e.t.c.

I have noticed recently that you have anger inside you through comments you make, look, take it in your stride, if you are who you make yourself out to be, you should be above that. Only people with a lack of self esteem have to keep justifying themselves, you in my opinion don't have to.

I really appreciate what you have aimed for and what you have achieved. BUT, There will always be others in this enormous world who will be chasing your achievements and will no doubt beat you, that's the way of the world, enjoy your bit of fame while you have it, it may be soon be gone.

Don't be bitter, lifes too short

Pete

P.S. Don't go into a rant about this, listen to others, we or at least I, are just trying to help
Old 30 December 2002, 09:54   #43
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Pete

Just who do you think you are?

Many of your messages on the RIBnet forums demonstrate a lack of clue, but this demonstrates once again a new depth of cluelessness and arrogance on your part.

Please, please, wind your neck in.

Happy New Year.

John
Old 30 December 2002, 09:56   #44

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Flanker / Dick ( did I spell that correctly ? )

Alan is only human and I'm sure that there are better people out there than him but unless they get of their fat asses then talk is cheap.

People seem to forget that motoring away from Cardiff was the start of the last chapter in the whole project. To get onto the water is a huge achievement and to get as far as he did gives him, in my small world, elevated status. Not that I intend to kiss the ground he walks on rather I might buy him a second beer when we meet up next.

For me I could not even start to plan such a passage but have plans for next year to extend my own boundaries. There are a few people in the RIB world that have done some hard miles and I’m always happy to know them and count them as friends.

In the meantime if Alan wants to have a moan at some loud mouth leave him to it !

Regards and happy ribbing

Mark
Old 30 December 2002, 10:30   #45
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
yeh, Right oh. Whats that funny smell, can I hear a mooing sound.
Not the most helpful or illuminating contribution that we have had here, but I assume that you take issue with something in Alan P's previous message?

Which bit do you think is not true?
  • Perhaps you can suggest one of the other round the world challengers last year that got further than Spirit of Cardiff?
  • Don't you believe that Alan challenged Fabio Buzzi to make it a race?
  • Do you have news of a successful around the world voyage by Fabio Buzzi that we don't know about?
Over to you!

John
Old 30 December 2002, 10:49   #46

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
I think that ...........

constructive critisism is a good thing but slander is NOT!!
That's all I have to say on the matter (if my opinion counts @ all that is)
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2002, 11:29   #47

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
I will have another go.

Weather you like it or not Alan has done more for ribs than anybody else.

He has great welth of experiance.He Winged with his mates when I was at home watching the Telee.

I will most definatley get him a pint and look forward to his next adventures,as I dont think its all over yet and indeed hope it isnt.

Crazyhorse
Old 30 December 2002, 11:40   #48

Town: Hamble
"yeh, Right oh. Whats that funny smell, can I hear a mooing sound. "

The above remark that I made was in reference to the statement from Alan that he would wait for Buzzi if the weather turned bad.

It was not, as some of you seem to think a personal attack on Mr Priddy, As I know he sometimes has an occasional sense of humour failure. As witnessed by myself and several hundred people at the RYA awards ceromony, following a remark Geoff Ward made.

Although I don't have Alan down as one of my hero's, it would be foolish not to admire his achievments. As for my opinions, surely I am entitled to them. Afterall, SOC cashed my cheque following an appeal for additional funds on the MBY forum by Will Stirling.

The round the world attempt by Buzzi was indeed cancelled, but this was due to insufficient funds being raised. It was rumured to be in the region of $250,000 to be a crew member. I also believe that the proposed boat "Record" an 80' Buzzi with in excess of 6000hp was only available for a limited period as the owner was having it converted into a pleasure boat.
Old 30 December 2002, 11:40   #49

Hi Mark,

If mi boats here I might Join you.

Unfortunatley it will be towardes the end of the summer.

Crazyhorse
Old 30 December 2002, 11:43   #50

Crazyhorse

As I explained in my last post, we are all entitled to our opinions, but why do you think I am a DICK.

You don't even know me!!
Old 30 December 2002, 12:02   #51

Dirk
I have deleted my last comments as they will not be constructive.

Dirk Please be nice to somebody.Please say something good,that will make us all happy.

Crazyhorse
Old 30 December 2002, 12:14   #52

Alan,

I have full respect for what you have done, and I made that clear. I would also share a beer with you and listen to some of the vast experience you have gained. My comments were SUPPORTING and RESPECTING what you have done, I cannot see what JK is having a go at me for. I appreciate what you have achieved and as Mark pointed out and I said earlier, there are those who talk good job and those who get on with it, and achieve it. You pointed out on this forum about certain people having a pop at you on other forums, you don't deserve it but also don't rise to the bait, you are above all that. I could see yiu were upset about that, I'm just trying to say, ignore it and enjoy life. WHY do people have a pop at me, when I am just trying to explain MY feelings, can anyone else give good advice about these peope trying to put Alan down, I haven't seen any on here yet! so why have go at me, who is at least making an effort!

Pete
Old 30 December 2002, 12:38   #53

EE Flanker,

Your trying so hard to be a good guy, and your getting in all this lumber,I love seeing you get a good bollocking it makes my boreing day worth while.

I have to confess I like to see Dirk getting some stick as well.In fact I also like Manos getting some too.Its just great on here.

Crazyhorse
Old 30 December 2002, 12:57   #54

Thanks crazyhorse.

I would just like to know what I said that was wrong, if anyone can tell me. I am off to France for a booze cruise now

Pete
Old 30 December 2002, 13:33   #55

What a booze cruise,

Condoneing Drinking whilst at Sea EE Flanker you cant say things like that,I think you need another Bollocking myself.

Crazyhorse
Old 30 December 2002, 13:48   #56

You have all been so nice!!
I cannot wait to put a face to a name.
We are having a Press Call Thursday 2nd @LBS on The Ribtec / Rib Eye stand @14.00 to officialy launch Clive's book Confronting Poseidon. Steve, Clive and myself will be there, and it would be nice to shake the hand of so many people who helped us this year so please come along and introduce yourself. Alan P
Old 30 December 2002, 14:44   #57

Alan, does that include me, clueless Pete?
Old 30 December 2002, 16:21   #58

Yes Pete, I do not bear grudges and live in the hope that everyone will get on with one another even OCR Boys. Alan P
Old 30 December 2002, 16:39   #59

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
The 2nd, i beleive, is press day.

Being the tight-fisted person that i am i refuse to pay the £20 to get in and am visiting Friday 3rd - anyone else?

Daniel
Old 30 December 2002, 16:41   #60

Yeh, I'm going on Friday. I'll be the one with the knife in his back.