Old 01 April 2024, 09:50   #81

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
i used black as thats my hull colour i used it to bed down the jockey seats on my humber along with some 18mm no 14 self tappers the only prep was a wipe down with thinners.there was no more than a sheet of paper thickness bed of 291 once the screws were fastened down.
when i came to remove the seats to fit the suspension seats i found after removing the screws i could have lifted the whole rib off the trailer by the seats they were not budging .i initially tried using a car windscreen removal wire no use as i couldn't get a linear pull and the bed of 291 was too thin for the wire .i ended up using heat and a multi tool and plastic wedges to inch by inch get the seat away from the deck before i started using the heat it was pulling the flowcoat off the deck . took all day to remove and clean up 2 jockeys .
that stuff is a strong bond grp to grp .
i have also used it to bond a small flat piece of perspex to the outside of the transom to mount a transducer initially it failed quickly as the perspex is too smooth for a key but second attempt using an adhesion promoter and a scotchbright has seen it on solid for over 2 years
Very Useful thanks
Old 03 April 2024, 00:38   #82

Boat name: Bluefin
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: 150hp
MMSI: Ex Directory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
I think I will do a test between Sikaflex 291i and CT1.

One of the issues is I can’t seem to buy Sikaflex 291i in clear
Unfortunately, with 291i you only get a choice of White, Grey, or Black, and the Grey is often hard to find.

It is also the same with Tiger Seal ...... White, Grey, or Black.

I tend to use white on the boat and black on automotive.

I would guess in your application that CT1 will probably be OK as I doubt you will be pushing the boat to extremes, like serious wave jumping, or 40knt J turns, etc. That is the time when things like seat pods etc break free and dump the occupants in the drink !

I know you are not keen on Ribcraft, but their 'furniture' is glass bonded to the deck structure, so incredibly strong.
Old 11 April 2024, 21:33   #83

I have just completed most of the work putting together the XPro 535. Now just waiting for a decent Weather window to get her out on the water for the real test. Little video below of the final pieces of work (Except the wireless lightboard that will come soon)

Old 19 April 2024, 15:19   #84

Well on Sunday last the weather was good so me and her indoors did the first Sea Trial. All was going very well and the boat was very responsive and the 75hp is plenty of power. The Xpro 535 went very well. It did have a slight list to Port when very fast so perhaps I should have fitted the engine slightly off centre. I found however if I stood slightly to the Right it rode straight and level.

After about 1-2 km however the 75hp 2 stroke seemed to go into reduced RPM mode and would not seem to rev above 3300 rpm. So I am now doing bits and pieces to see if I can sort that out.

So generally very pleased on the water but disappointed with the issue with the outboard.

Not sure we will have time to get it sorted for Easedale but we will see.

Back up Rib is however tested and seems all good
Old 19 April 2024, 17:09   #85

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
Well on Sunday last the weather was good so me and her indoors did the first Sea Trial. All was going very well and the boat was very responsive and the 75hp is plenty of power. The Xpro 535 went very well. It did have a slight list to Port when very fast so perhaps I should have fitted the engine slightly off centre. I found however if I stood slightly to the Right it rode straight and level.

After about 1-2 km however the 75hp 2 stroke seemed to go into reduced RPM mode and would not seem to rev above 3300 rpm. So I am now doing bits and pieces to see if I can sort that out.

So generally very pleased on the water but disappointed with the issue with the outboard.

Not sure we will have time to get it sorted for Easedale but we will see.

Back up Rib is however tested and seems all good
Got to love an outboard, I'm pleased you got her out and that side of it sounds positive;

If you don't make it Up North, there's always the Pasty Run Down South!!
https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/12th-a...4-a-90589.html

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 20:05   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerat View Post
Got to love an outboard, I'm pleased you got her out and that side of it sounds positive;

If you don't make it Up North, there's always the Pasty Run Down South!!
https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/12th-a...4-a-90589.html
We will certainly make it up North just with a different Rib. If I cant fix the Xpro Outboard
Old 11 May 2024, 06:50   #87

We have been quite busy but have now got round to the second water test of the 3D Tender XPro 535. The first test while very useful ended in the outboard going into limp mode. From this second test it would seem that I have now sorted that. There are a couple of very small niggles to sort out like a vibration on the top of the rear seat which is a very easy fix.

Overall we were both very pleased with the performance of the boat and the power from the Yamaha 75 hp. No bigger engine needed

Here is a video of the successful test

Old 20 May 2024, 05:29   #88

Town: Lohja
Make: Highfield
Engine: Outboard, petrol, 90
Great boat, just ordered 3Dtender Nividic 550 myself
Old 20 May 2024, 06:28   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK89 View Post
Great boat, just ordered 3Dtender Nividic 550 myself
Yes I looked at that one but it was vital for me that it would fit on an unbraked trailer. Had far too many issues with brakes on such trailers in the past.

Would be nice to see a thread on the Nividic build
Old 20 July 2024, 08:05   #90

Well the summer has finally arrived. Dont know for how long though. We managed to get out again in the XPRO 535 and had a lovely day. With the new roller trailer it is very easy to launch and recover. I thought I had sorted the slight list to the left by adjusting the outboard trim anode and on the way up the river it was fine but on the way back it developed that slight list again. I am thinking I should have offset the engine after all. I will see if there are still things to do before I move the engine and re drill the Transom.

Video of our trip out below

Old 21 July 2024, 04:59   #91

Well Harry Dwyer's latest Episode cost me £100 . (mod edit)

Tags
rib