Old 14 June 2023, 23:20   #1

Length: no boat
Avon Seasport 465 info

Hi legends, first post here.

I am in Sydney, Australia and I have seen an Avon Seasport 465 for sale. I am wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this boat particularly in comparison to a searider.

I know they have a shallower v and no flooding hull, and am curious what you all think about the offshore performance.

Also I am confused about the difference between an Avon Seasport 464 and an Avon Supersport 465. Any help here also appreciated.

Really anything at all anyone can tell me about the seasport 465 will be extremely valuable. I am finding that getting info on this boat is tricky.

Thanks.
Old 21 June 2023, 00:51   #2

Town: Mallow
Boat name: Puggsy
Make: Avon Seasport 4.65
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 60hp
I have had mine since 2014 (tubes are shagged now though). Never been on a searider but off shore performance is likely to be a good bit worse

They slap around a good bit if there's waves. Won't cut through like a deep V. Weight distribution is not great with the seats & engine & fuel tank so far back, can be dodgy going upwind with a few waves, bow pointing way up and feel like you're about to be blown over

I've seen one with a 30hp which is adequate to get it on the plane but usually they come with bigger engines. They're more for mucking about in coastal waters. Easy enough to beach and unbeach if you have someone with you

Tags
avon