Old 12 July 2011, 22:30   #1

Town: Szczecin
Boat name: Aga B
Make: Atlantic 21
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2x60HP Evinrude Etec
Atlantic 21 HIN Label

Do you know if there is any Hull Identification Number label on ex RNLI'a Atlantics? I haven't found any yet. Is there any at all?
Only one I've found already is big on port side of cox'n seat with details like Hull: Halmatic, Tubes: Avon, Put together and equipped in RNLI Cowes.
I've used for registration purposes her old B-XXX no. as I know it and it's still marked on deck (bit worn off already, but left as part of her history. Numbers and RNLI logos on tubes are patched over).
If there is nothing I'd probably order brass label with her B-XXX no. and stick it on the stern. Just to avoid problems if it would come to the inspection.
Old 13 July 2011, 19:45   #2

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Whats the B number out of interest?
The B number isn't a replacement for the HIN, they should be a number between the two engines on the outside of the transom.
If you can't find it give ILC Cowes a ring with the B number.
Old 13 July 2011, 20:54   #3

She is 1975 and engines were replaced so there was loads of opportunities for that label to be lost. But if label was screwed or riveted there is no marks left. If it was glued I'm not surprised if it is missing.
If it there is no other place for that label I'l just order simple brass label with B no I've just put into my registration papers. I don't want to pay again for registration. I may change with renewal if I'l find proper HIN no.

I've got her records of services from RNLI - they were very helpful. One problem they had - find confirmed info about her name. I've asked them about User's Manual but unfortunately they don't have any left. (I've got one from her last owners, but it's xerox copy). Anyone have it in pdf or something.
Do you have e-mail address to Cowes? So I can ask them for HIN no. and Manual.

I'll post picture later as company proxy don't like photobucket or any other storage websites.
Old 13 July 2011, 21:59   #4

Make: Osprey
Engine: outboard
Atlantic 21 HIN

My Atlantic also dates from the 1970's and hasn't got a HIN number either, although it was re-hulled in the late 1990's, with an A75 style re-tube later.

Bit of a triggers broom really.

Kedzior see PM.
Old 14 July 2011, 01:56   #5

My hull is 1975 but in good condition, just needs a bit of love. She has been with RNLI till 1999 and with independent in Ireland after.
Engines - nearly new 2007 E-tecs and as been told - approx 20 hrs as they generally had more callouts for D-Class than A21 and bought A75 in 2010.

BTW. Anyone knows a good thinner / solvent to remove special hypalon stencil paint from hypalon without harm to tubes.