Old 09 August 2012, 07:41   #1

Length: 5m +
A couple of questions.

Went and got the RIB out of the water last night and I've got a few things to ask you lot. (It's a Valiant DR520 with a 75HP engine which is kept on a swinging mooring)

1) How can I stop barnacle growth on the tubes or at least stop the stern sitting so low in the water? I know you can get RIB tube specific antifouling but does anyone have first hand experience? It took forever to get them off and I'm not up for doing it regularly.

2) The boat has a blue rubber rubbing strake but this has gone all sticky and gunky. Theres a visible layer of greasy stuff on top of it and I wondered if anyone knew how to remove it?

3) Grey tubes are a bit faded, what's the best product to restore the colour? I asked Google but there's just so many options I don't know which is best.

4) How should I repair a miniscule puncture on the underside of the tube? Is it just like fixing a bike puncture? Any recommended products to do it with?
Old 09 August 2012, 07:46   #2

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
1) Polymarine tube antilock
2) PVC tube cleaner. It is caused by sunlight which makes the plasticiser rise to the surface.
3) Ribshine or similar
4) PVC or Hypalon patch with appropriate glue. Available from many chandlers.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote