Old 25 March 2024, 16:24   #1

Town: Columbia gorge, USA.
Boat name: I was photographed
Make: Zodiac Pro 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 70 Yamaha
Slip on versus glue on Tube-set

Hello everyone, I am new to this site as a member, but I've been following for several years now. I am the owner of a photography business located in the Columbia river gorge in the United States. I have been photographing the action of wind sports for the last 11 seasons from the zodiac pro 500. I am in need of replacing the pro 500 as it has over 2000 hrs. on it and has been experiencing delaminations with the stringer. Three repairs later it's become an effort in futility and needs to be replaced.

The Columbia river can be quite big. I am out when conditions are rough with wind speeds in excess of 45 mph. Water is well overhead. And I'll put five days a week on the water starting in June through September.

I have been loyal to zodiac and I'm shopping a new pro 5.5. I am not sure if that's durable enough and lack knowledge if the Highfield might be a better choice.

Please help me with this decision. Glued on tubes or slip-on. As a business owner with subscribers I must be able to make repairs. I'm used to pulling the tubes to repair a flat.

That's said, what's the opinion on durability of the Highfield with hypalon tubes?. What's the durability and ease of repairing a glued on tube set? What's the life of a glued joint?

Hulls

What say ye? Aluminum for extremely rough conditions or fiberglass? What can the Highfield take??

My concern is keeping the boat on the water for six months straight. And being able to make repairs on my own.

Thanks to you all for your help.