Old 07 November 2022, 13:09   #1

Town: Bristol
Length: no boat
Hello from Bristol newbie

Hi just come across this page. I’m booked on to the level 2 power boat course in a weeks time. But as with all looking for boats what brands to look for and what to stay away from . I am looking for a minimum size to fit 4 kids 2 adults. Would like to look around the coasts and maybe attach some fun toys to also and look for some dolphins etc but some days in the Bristol docks and water ways .

So glad to be gaining so much knowledge over the next few months
Old 07 November 2022, 16:42   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Welcome to the forum.

Add your budget please and confirm if you're looking for 6 seats as that changes things quite considerably in terms of RIB size. If you're looking to pull a ringo or water toys, you're probably looking at engine anywhere from 80hp up.

You're always going to get a mixed response when it comes to brands, as understandably people know what they know.

Ribeye A600 is a nice looking boat as it has dual jockey set-up and recessed rear bench-seat for three and powered with 100hp. Second hand, even for 2010 model you're still looking at £25k. The new models come with 150hp and have dual double jockeys but to be honest the second seat behind the cox and navigator looks tight as gnat's chuff. There's a console seat up front, but that's just for cruising at low speed in flat calm or at anchor, and I wouldn't use it for kids.
Old 07 November 2022, 16:51   #3

Town: Bristol
Length: no boat
Hi sorry thanks for the advice yes looking for a 6 person boat. Budget I guess 15-20k I would say at the moment