Old 30 September 2021, 14:34   #1

Town: Curitiba
Boat name: Tás Maluco
Make: Zefir
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 100 hp
Hello from Brazil

I'm Mauro. From Curitiba, south of Brazil.

I'm addicted to ribs because my boating area has large sea bays, mangroves, islands, deserted beaches and sand bars. Beyond the fun factor the easy to get to the beaches with the rib is very cool.

I have a brazilian made 2018 Zefir G460 (4,6m) with Mercury Four Stroke 100 hp. Had before same model but with Mercury 60 hp. I'll do a post about this boat. I like it a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribnet.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	138970  
Old 07 October 2021, 04:23   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Hello from Australia buddy. I often listen to Brazilian radio from the sound garden app, you have some great music over there and beautiful people.

The rib looks great. What fuel are you running in it as I seem to remember Brazil had mostly bio fuels now.
Old 07 October 2021, 19:13   #3

Town: Curitiba
Boat name: Tás Maluco
Make: Zefir
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 100 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Hello from Australia buddy. I often listen to Brazilian radio from the sound garden app, you have some great music over there and beautiful people.

The rib looks great. What fuel are you running in it as I seem to remember Brazil had mostly bio fuels now.

Bossa Nova and MPB (brazilian popular music) are really very good. Brazilian national treasures. It’s a pitty now a days some brazilians have bad music taste…

Gasoline in Brazil is in fact gasohol. E27 ethanol blend. There is no option of using better gasoline. All available regular gasoline is E27 by law. E25 for the "premium" ones.

The fact that cars and boat engines manage to work here, with this fuel, is kind of miracle! lol. Beyond the cars, I had several boats with outboards and inboards in the last 20 years. Mercurys and Mercruisers. They work well. No noticeable performance problems, no fuel pump failures. But obviously there is some rate of fuel associated problems.

It’s funny to me because americans, for instance, are freaking out because they say E10 will “kill” their boat engines! lol

Cars produced in Brazil are normally flex fuel. Then gas stations sell Gasoline (gasohol) and Ethanol.