The Fishlocker Workshop on YouTube and not too expensive
I have Put a link below, he does a full review on it

Old 12 February 2021, 21:50   #22

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Interesting to see the wheels fitted in this thread...

https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/first-...350-84225.html

I don't usually use flip up wheels so have just bought some Trems that are mainly to remove once launched.... but can be bolted on upside down if essential to be carried.

Be interesting to see if this March batch of Ellings come with that transom lip and the fabric triangles.
Old 12 February 2021, 22:35   #23

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
The seat is well damped with the Mrs on it!.
Wow! You're a very brave man David, or hasn't Mrs F seen it?
Old 12 February 2021, 22:56   #24

It's OK she gets her new dog on Mon after a long wait... I can do or spend anything at the moment and it'll never be noticed.
Old 13 February 2021, 02:55   #25

Make: Elling kB 350
I’ve had a long hard look at the wheels, and how they are fixed. I will definitely be buying them as I really don’t like the idea of wheels sticking up over the transome. So basically it gives me 3 options. 1. They fit and work first time ( hopefully ). 2. I make a sliding bracket that fits to the transome and then the wheels are attached to it. 3. I get the legs extended by adding a piece of box section stainless and getting it welded at work. Options 2 and 3 are very doable with a bit of thought.
Interesting thoughts on the life jackets on here, the wife still prefers the Baltic flipper flotation jacket coz they do it in pink, so, I’ll get her one of those, but, also I’ll get a couple of proper ones so that way she can wear both at the same time if necessary. As I said earlier I’ve got my eye on a couple of new ones so with any luck I’ll get the winning bid.
Elling did reply to me, but all they sent was a photo of a wheel with a tape measure showing its length. It wasn’t the right wheel, so I’ve sent them another message. Maybe a bit of a language barrier going on between us lol.
David, if you are interested in those wheels too then it’s just as easy for me to make two pairs of mods as just one, so it’s no bother to me if you wanted a pair too.
Old 13 February 2021, 10:17   #26

>>>don’t like the idea of wheels sticking up over the transom

Just a personal thing but I don't either.... and they are another bit of weight where usually you don't want it.

Offer re wheels much appreciated but we really have settled over the years to using fixed position but removable wheels. We either operate from the car nearby or a holiday cottage adj to a launch point so immediately the boat's in the water the Mrs takes the wheels back (and bow trolley if using one) and same in reverse at the end of the trip.

With the Aerotec I've preferred the OE Zodiac wheels which are very strong but heavy.

For the Elling I've just bought these Trems in the images below. You fit a button (item 10) as low as possible to the bottom of the transom outside then the tab with cutout on the leg engages with a groove in the button and the knob (item 1) screws from inside the transom to a thread in the top of the leg to secure.

They are stainless tube and plenty strong enough rated to 150kg.

If on a specific occasion you wanted to take them on an outing you can invert the legs and place inside the transom bolting the knob through from the outside into the second tapping near the tab... with leg/wheel resting on the tube before tightening.

Re the need to fix the button behind the air floor they are threaded so just have to get a machine screw with taper head fitted from inside with the head set flush by tapering the hole in the transom.

Dealers usually want around £145 plus post for these but there are some new ones on Ebay at the moment for £95 and an hour after putting them in watch an offer came through at £90.25 inc post which is a bargain so I pressed buy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trem fixed wheels.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	136284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trem fixed wheels diagram.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	136285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trem fixed wheel parts.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	136286  
Old 13 February 2021, 10:21   #27

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
It's OK she gets her new dog on Mon after a long wait... I can do or spend anything at the moment and it'll never be noticed.

[emoji106][emoji23]that rings very true.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2021, 10:38   #28

Yep don't know if you are a dog owner but its just over 2yrs since we lost the last one at 15yrs old and it's been damn quiet in the house without one. We've been on the breed puppy list all that time but due to very low numbers particularly in 2020 due to Covid it's taken this long.
Old 13 February 2021, 13:30   #29

I used to have an Irish red setter who lasted 14.5 years. I’d love another but don’t have the time for one, as they need a lot of exercise.
Oldman2, I’d love to hear your opinions of the suprod wheels and if you think they will fit without any mods. I’m not keen on the idea of removable ones as they’ll take up more room in the boat when using it. Our intention is to find nice little coves to picnic on, so I really want the wheels to be permanent on the boat.
Old 13 February 2021, 14:21   #30

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel1965 View Post
Oldman2, I’d love to hear your opinions of the suprod wheels and if you think they will fit without any mods. I’m not keen on the idea of removable ones as they’ll take up more room in the boat when using it. Our intention is to find nice little coves to picnic on, so I really want the wheels to be permanent on the boat.

OK, remember this is just my opinion, as a retired engineer with no previous sib launch wheels experience. The first thing I look at is the loads involved. With a transom of 500mm min depth the Suprod wheels clamp to it at just 100mm centers with over 600mm of leverage should a wheel get stuck against a rock while beaching or a kerb while on the ramp. Thats quite a load on 100mm of transom. So I personally like to see the load spread over as much as possible of the transom for fixings.
They are rated at 140kg but thats a pair and I suspect that rating is based on straight downward loads not loads from someone trying to pull it over an unseen rock.
So with the above in mind I went for wheels that covered a large area of transom to spread any unanticipated loading. I also went with a company who offered to sell each individual part separately should an accident mean parts were needed.
Many launch wheels come with very small transom footprints and you dont hear of damage to boats or wheels so they must work, just not what I would choose. Goodness that turned into an essay.
Old 13 February 2021, 14:24   #31

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Hope I'm still welcome on the Eling KB350 "love fest" forum

I went for the C Tug wheels for two reasons, they have a relatively low profile above the transom when in the upright position and they only weigh 4kg.

So far, so good. They have performed well on sand, gravel, small pebbles, obviously concrete and in mud.

https://www.force4.co.uk/item/Railblaza/C-Tug-Dinghy-Wheels/W33
Old 13 February 2021, 14:36   #32

Thanks for your input oldman2. I’ll bear that in mind about the rocks and not to pull too hard. I imagine if I do get stuck on rock or other hazard I’d be able to lift the boat over as the outboard will only weigh 26kg. At the moment they can not be shipped to the U.K. as they don’t have a vat registration yet. So I have a bit more time to make a decision. If I do buy them and found I’ve made an error of judgement I can always buy another type and sell the suprods.
Steve. Your always welcome to the love fest lol.
I always appreciate the wise thoughts on here.
Old 13 February 2021, 15:15   #33

Tel1965 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transom-Lau.../dp/B0758M7FD4 £91 delivered
Old 13 February 2021, 15:29   #34

>>>Hope I'm still welcome on the Elling KB350 "love fest" forum

Ha ha I'd not realised there could be such a lift from lockdown blues by merely putting a modest deposit down and then getting planning.

Mind you care needs to be taken with mission creep and finding a new £600 plotter webpage saved!!!
Old 13 February 2021, 15:31   #35

Thanks for that oldman2, but the ones I’m after are the ones that lay flat against the transome. They are the HD200 available at Tittaps
Old 13 February 2021, 16:02   #36

They are also on amazon for £107. Do you intend packing the boat up each end of use or trailer/car roof? Will you remove them each time or cover with a carpet piece and wrap them on the boat?
Old 13 February 2021, 16:04   #37

My intention is to have them permanently on the boat and just place some protection on them when I deflate the boat
Old 14 February 2021, 08:44   #38

Town: London
Boat name: Various
Make: Various -
Length: no boat
Engine: 2.5 - 250 hp
My goodness Hope you looked at the Talamex and Quicksilver boats before you bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel1965 View Post
After finally getting the boat and outboard on order and awaiting delivery end of March early April it’s time to start shopping for the other essentials. After spending so many hours reading on this forum and also researching online this is what I’ve come up with. Would appreciate any comments and criticisms of my choices.
Elling KB 350
Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke
Suprod hd200 transome wheels
Elling A frame
Elling bow canopy
2 Elling seat bags
2 borika rod holders
Borika bow anchor roller
Borika fish finder mount with extended transducer holder
2 extra borika complete mounts
4 borika push in fittings ( for any mods I may do later )
Tachometer
Outdoor master shark sup pump
Cooper anchor
150 ft 8mm nylon rope
4m 8mm chain
Garmin vivid 7 fish finder ( decided to go for the bigger screen than the 4 )
2 Baltic flipper bouyancy jackets ( the missus wants to look posh ) lol
Poover 12v 20ah battery

I’ve decided not to bother with the vhf radio as we both have waterproof phones and we will not be out of sight of the shore at any time.
If anyone can think of anything I should add to my list I’d be grateful for the advice.
Can’t wait to be able to get out on the water

The Quicksilver and Talamex Brands have great backup from their manufacturers and are superb boats. They also appear to be much more competitively priced Have a look at https://shop.chastheboat.co.uk for the best descriptions and prices They both also make aluminium floor board versions which for fishing make a tougher internal base for your boxes etc than an air floor does. It only takes a few minutes to fit in the boards so worth considering that design for fishing or heavy use with children etc
Open Monday to Saturday - 0900 to 1800 (sometimes later)
ChasTheBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2021, 09:35   #39

>>> Hope you looked at the Talamex and Quicksilver boats before you bought

Your thread really Tel... you go first!
Old 14 February 2021, 10:38   #40

Hahaha I looked at all sibs before I bought. In great detail. For my needs the Elling was the best I could get, it has everything I wanted.