Old 07 October 2005, 15:46   #1

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Honda owners look out!

Check the bit in bold - not as if you would have guessed! Hope you enjoy the 'impactful creative' or as we might say outside marketing, a nice picture. At least the article gives the name of the customer support manager if you have any problems.

Quote:
Honda Marine is launching a direct marketing campaign through WDMP to encourage customers to give their outboard motors a service before storing them for winter.

Honda is targeting 15,000 consumers from its database with a "You love it" mailer showing a man looking out to sea with a tattoo in the shape of an outboard motor on his back.

The creative also promotes the range of Honda accessories available at the dealerships as well as providing advice to check and service all equipment ahead of storing for winter.

The personalised mailer encourages people to book their service with their local Honda dealer. The "You love it" campaign is designed to speak directly to marine consumers and tap the positive emotions they have enjoyed during the summer marine season.

The objective is not just to increase the number of services but also to drive traffic into the dealerships, providing an opportunity to sell parts and accessories or up sell.

The Honda Marine service campaign is designed to support and incentivise participating marine dealers. Dealers will be incentivised to maximise the number of services booked and accessories sold with the opportunity to win a place on the Honda dealer holiday event for the highest percentage of services registered during the campaign.

Matthew Gibson, manager of customer support at Honda Power Equipment, said: "This is the first time we have incentivised our marine dealers and we expect a high level of response. The combination of this impactful creative and a newly-cleaned database will maximise value and minimise wastage."

Gavin Wheeler, joint managing director of WDMP, said "Both dealers and consumers will benefit: Honda customers can rest assured this winter that they have stored their marine power equipment in its best condition while dealers enjoy an uplift in servicing and parts sales."
Old 07 October 2005, 22:45   #2

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
Check the bit in bold - not as if you would have guessed! Hope you enjoy the 'impactful creative' or as we might say outside marketing, a nice picture. At least the article gives the name of the customer support manager if you have any problems.
i cant wait for my letter to come thru so i can got to the dealership and get the baby serviced and spend a fortune in the shop at the same time. what an opportunity, not to be missed. Thanks Honda
Old 08 October 2005, 08:03   #3

Town: Swanmore nr Fareham
Boat name: Greyhound
Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 Opti
That's a novel idea a manufacturer supporting a dealer network. I wonder if it'll catch on.

At least Honda (and I guess most of the other manufacturers) don't sell direct to the consumer unlike the IT industry!

IMHO (and I can only speak for the IT industry) the dealer networks are useless seconded only by the distributors.

Honda could help by putting the details of the accessories on their website - so that people could walk into the dealer with what they wanted but that would be too simple.
Stuart M is offline   Reply With Quote