Old 19 October 2011, 21:04   #1

Town: southport
Length: no boat
Type of Work Available

Hi everyone.
New member, been skippering day charters in the Caribbean for 5 yrs but recently moved back (still trying to work out why) to UK to do commercial tickets.
So far done Day Skipper theory, 1st Aid, Survival at Sea and just got my ENG1 medical today. Booked in to do VHF, radar and STCW95 within a month and Yachtmaster Offshore Theory and Practical as soon as possible in Lancaster with Jakey. Will get the STCW95 Commercially Endorsed and the YM Practical as well as get the ICC.
Been looking at the wind farm transfers as a possible job once I've got the tickets.
Im not looking for something for free and willing and have been trawling through the forums to try and get as much info as I can, but other than the above mentioned Wind Farm transfers and day charter side, what other options are there for someone who has just got the commercial tickets? Also, what are the expected rates of pay these days. I know on the bigger yachts going through the Caribbean, the Captain gets around $1000 per year per foot. I know every job and employer differs but if someone could give me a general idea that would be great. Also, any other advice always welcome.
Will be down in Cowes the week of the 7th Nov doing a course so if anyones down there and wants to go for a beer, drop me a PM.