Old 05 August 2021, 06:41   #21

Town: London
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Is it just me or are Screwfix outlets utterly pants? Just completely pointless destinations?

Online is fine, but God help me, the shops...

A bit harsh. Clearly a retailer can't be everywhere! Screwfix and Toolstation have revolutionised hardware stores. The product ranges, store opening hours and online delivery service are second to none.
Old 05 August 2021, 07:51   #22

Town: bedford
Make: tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard 60hp merc
I couldn’t agree more about euro car parts and after a few disappointing trips where they repeatedly supplied the wrong parts always use my local motor factor, where the prices using my trade account are especially competitive.
It’s also good to build up a proper relationship with them, running three cars and a boat means hardly a week goes by without buying something.
Old 05 August 2021, 07:57   #23
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew4 View Post
A bit harsh.
Clearly, the experience (in the UK) is very good. Mine has been brutal (shop based Ireland). I've probably dropped a couple of grand with them online this year with no issues, the shop is a different story entirely. I'm not going to waste time posting my experiences, because my OP was to see if others had similar (and they haven't) and this isn't a hardware bitching forum. I've spent some time thinking about how Screwfix "works" and have spoken with some of the local staff. They're very pleasant but as I understand it, basically hand out boxes in the manner of Argos etc. Take away their online POS system and they can't even locate a basic product in stock on their own shelves, let alone sell it to you. I try not to waste my time fighting either "The Man" or "The Machine" and in this case, I think my problems have been because the local shop is new and they are still greenhorns!