Old 02 December 2001, 22:30   #1

Town: N.C.
Ot...

Keith...Tagging on to Getting Hooked...
Why get all that fish blood in your nice inflatable? Invoke the OPB Rule...'Other People's Boat'. Deciding what you are fishing for and what tackle to be used, a Rib can be an excellent fishing platform. A leaning post is not a bad idea, but leave the fish hook at home, use a net.
Fishing is very good here this time of year, especially with the unseasonal warm weather we have had this Fall.
All my favorites are biting, Stripe Bass, Red Drum, Speckle Trout, and if you want the "BIG" Tuna are hitting further offshore closes to the Gulf Stream. I prefer to fish light tackle, and closer in, more bang for the buck, anywhere from 4 lb. to 12 lb test line most of the time, open face spin casting reels, with the exception when the Big Drums are biting in the surf, they then to roll close in, then maybe 15- 18 test, and then a good old thumb casting reel. Mostly all artificial lures, again with exception to the Drum, who prefer a good hunk of mullet/shrimp, weighted just off the bottom, but spring and summer you can slay them with the lures as well in the Sound.
Try www.oregon-inlet.com for a look at the waters of good ole North Carolina, a saltwater fishermans dreamland.
THis photo is from a couple weeks back, the fish were caught 600 yards from shore at Oregon Inlet.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strippers.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	231  
Old 03 December 2001, 05:58   #2

Town: Hilton-of-Cadboll
Length: no boat

Wow! Are you kidding Sirzap, a fish that size in my boat and there would be no room left for me!

Keith Hart